Thread: Extremely tight torso pulling

Extremely tight torso pulling

c6-7 manual wheelchair

Last year, I had an MRI done on my lower back. When I was flat on my back, they were in a hurry, not paying attention, and my left leg dropped down hard off of the table. I immediately knew that something was wrong.

Now, my stomach muscles are bulging out my left side. It is pulling me all day long and at night. All I do is try to sit straight and fight against it. It's getting tougher to do pressure releases because of the twisting and my right arm is affected.

I was already sitting in a Ride cushion and Jay 3 back, which probably helped cause this, because my back was so tight and when my leg fell there was no give... Something popped on my left side.

Now, I am sitting on a Quadtro Roho cushion and just a slingback. That's what I was sitting on before the Ride cushion.

It is taking me forever in the morning to move and slightly loosen my back. My body is now super hypersensitive in the torso area, and it is annoying.

I can put up with a lot, but this is burning me out day after day after day after day after day. It's like Groundhog Day. I can't transfer to my left anymore. They really screwed me up.

Is there anything a quadriplegic can do who does not have stomach muscles and can't work them, to get out of a situation like this?

I already have a baclofen pump, but it does not help this.
    Medications make me woozy, but maybe there is something that would help loosen it up a little? What meds do people use for this type of situation?

The nurse practitioner I go to has not done any MRIs. His attitude is that nothing can be done so why do an MRI. That's my opinion. He told me that he would order a MRI of my neck but never did. I know that it's not my neck. He also said that arms cannot be affected by a lower problem in the back, which is total baloney. I'm sitting totally jacked. I can deal with paralysis, but this is killing me and has caused a ton of stress. I'm angry every day.

I am not clear about this problem. It sounds like different issues that are occurring at the same time.

The NP is correct that damage to the low back cord or peripheral nerves cannot make your upper extremities weaker.

Were you ever evaluated (Xrays and a physical exam) for either a fractured hip or hip dislocation after the injury in the MRI scanner? Both can occur with relatively minor trauma in some with SCI and osteoporosis.

Have you been evaluated for a hernia, either inguinal or abdominal? Do you have an old abdominal surgical scar?

Why did you stop using the Ride cushion?

Can you see a different provider other than the NP you mentioned?

(KLD)