Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We really need some news

Jim, My understanding it was supposed to commence this year in the US, Norway and India... so all these 3 trials being postponed again for another year? Or just the US one? Is the US Phase IIb officially approved by the FDA now?

Quote Originally Posted by TimN View Post
    Can you link me to his trial? I saw nothing about it. I'm obviously having a bit of trouble navigating the new site.
    Tim, the IIb Trial will consist of 3 groups of 9 subjects. 1st group: Umbilical cord blood (UCB) injections + 6 weeks of oral lithium + intensive walking, 2nd group: UCB injections + intensive walking, 3rd group: intensive walking only. Trial will be at 3 hospitals in NJ/NY.

This IIb Trial is repeating the ChinaSCINet Trial that showed excellent results. Email me and I'll send you the paper of the China Trial- jimbenn@rutgers.edu

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Jim, My understanding it was supposed to commence this year in the US, Norway and India... so all these 3 trials being postponed again for another year? Or just the US one? Is the US Phase IIb officially approved by the FDA now?
    MoeCanada, looking like India will start first, this year. At our pre-IND meeting with the FDA, they requested an additional safety study. We submitted the study protocol and there was a major delay by them, so we couldn't start. Not bashing them, they have to look at MANY IND's. We are conducting the study now.

Blog Entries
    I’m the other Tim, like the old pork commercial: “the other white meat”. I’ve been a hi quad for over 14yrs, living thru an exceptional amount of adversity during this time (meaning complications, care, and quality of life) so it’s not very likely I got another 14 more years left in me…..and yeah, I know “hope” can be a very dangerous thing….thank you “Shawshank”.
    …but…please give me something I can hang on to…..anything that’s not….”well, in five years…..”. Anything that doesn’t require 5 days of studying medical jargon to understand. I can’t get to Dr Wise’ periodic seminars like I used to, kinda stopped when CR passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Tim, the IIb Trial will consist of 3 groups of 9 subjects. 1st group: Umbilical cord blood (UCB) injections + 6 weeks of oral lithium + intensive walking, 2nd group: UCB injections + intensive walking, 3rd group: intensive walking only. Trial will be at 3 hospitals in NJ/NY.

This IIb Trial is repeating the ChinaSCINet Trial that showed excellent results. Email me and I'll send you the paper of the China Trial- jimbenn@rutgers.edu

MoeCanada, looking like India will start first, this year. At our pre-IND meeting with the FDA, they requested an additional safety study. We submitted the study protocol and there was a major delay by them, so we couldn't start. Not bashing them, they have to look at MANY IND's. We are conducting the study now.