Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We really need some news

We really need some news

anyone know anything thats suppose to happen soon or anything? The cure forum has been dead for hella long
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I believe that transcutaneous spinal stimulators will likely become commercially available in approximately 2.5 to 3 years. This is not a cure but will help many living with SCI regain some function. Especially incompletes and B/Cs.
    Pricing for the units (Rx required) will be comparable to high end FES (~$3k USD) and will (fingers crossed) have specific Medicare codes (not FES) that should be covered.

The implanted versions will be several years behind but will help more completes/As.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that these stimulators will be used in conjunction with stem cell therapies with promising results for regrowth and retraining down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    anyone know anything thats suppose to happen soon or anything? The cure forum has been dead for hella long
    Indeed this forum looks deserted in the last while... love those days when clicking on the Cure section and you see several exciting thread titles highlighted...

Full recovery is 20+ years away.

Improvements? Within the next 5-10.
    C5-C6 #quadlife

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    Indeed this forum looks deserted in the last while... love those days when clicking on the Cure section and you see several exciting thread titles highlighted...
    Yeah thats what I meant, what the hell

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

The 11th will be news.

I agree - but I think the reason for the quiet forum is a good one.

In the past year there have been several trails with good results - and the fact that there are several ongoing clinical trials on humans makes us more demanding for what we consider as news.

Nobody is interested in rats anymore, or shark stem cells, or shady doctors in shady places, or ginseng, head transplants, nerve bridging, taiwan, panama, elevated beds, oxygene, magnets, lasers, something called omentumtransplant, pig cells, enzymes, and................ And every topic was - at least for me - a daily dose of hope. But it gets quiet when all this is history.

When we get real results - as in the Vaquero-trial - its not much to discuss - its more just to wait for the next step in the research - and that the procedure is made available.

Thanks to Kim for the updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I agree - but I think the reason for the quiet forum is a good one.

In the past year there have been several trails with good results - and the fact that there are several ongoing clinical trials on humans makes us more demanding for what we consider as news.

Nobody is interested in rats anymore, or shark stem cells, or shady doctors in shady places, or ginseng, head transplants, nerve bridging, taiwan, panama, elevated beds, oxygene, magnets, lasers, something called omentumtransplant, pig cells, enzymes, and................ And every topic was - at least for me - a daily dose of hope. But it gets quiet when all this is history.

When we get real results - as in the Vaquero-trial - its not much to discuss - its more just to wait for the next step in the research - and that the procedure is made available.

Thanks to Kim for the updates!

Seems like an ample theory ...

Now Obama is comming to Spain so authorities have to go and meet him so no press release will be done for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post
    Now Obama is comming to Spain so authorities have to go and meet him so no press release will be done for the time being.

Thanks obama...haha lol...jk, sorry for breaking topic