Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay with Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10?

Stay with Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10?

I'm a high level quad, C3? By no means a computer genius, but I am on mine every day. I have a Dell PC Windows 7 and Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5 professional. With the addition of know-brainer I have gotten by just fine over the years. For the last several months Windows is tried incessantly to upgrade me to Windows 10. At one point I was late stopping the upgrade and several features like defrag the hard drive were affected. For this and many other reasons I finally allowed the update which took several hours.

I've only given it a couple hours, but it doesn't seem to run anywhere near as smoothly as it did with Windows 7. Especially the mouse grid features, and I have to run the machine completely hands-free. I'm wondering if there are any other high-level quads with any input or opinions regarding Windows 7/Windows 10, would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks in advance
    Shamrock

I like win 10, only problem I have is what to do when you get corrupted. In time, all computer's need wiped and reloaded, the free upgrade ends at the end of July, so better make up your mind, but I do like it a lot.....not found any compatibility problems at all......

Hi, I have 2 PC's, the older desktop runs WIN7, the laptop has touchscreen with Win 8.1. At this point I do not feel compelled to upgrade either to Win 10.
    Check this site for extensive discussions about the upgrade issue - "Windows Secrets". I just renewed my yearly membership but guests are welcome.
    Personally, if I didn't need Windows for work, I'd shift to the Mac or go full Linux.
    Also, I'm pretty sure that Win 7 will be supported out to 2020.

Good luck

Thanks, appreciate your input guys!

and I figured out that you can just download win 10 version u need and use your win 7 key to validate/activate it, which solves the reload problem......but if you're comfortable with what u got, just stay with it, I do like having all my computers linked together, win 10 does it a lot easier than win 7......I would suggest if you use more than 1, I have 4 in my house, load 1 and just play around........

Sounds like a good approach. I just got a link to an article that spells out a safe way to preserve the free upgrade for later implementation if you decide to go with Win10.

Just becuse I told the poster I hate windows 8 and 10 woundn't be any better. The moderater deleted my answer. So to the moderater. Your an asshole and I hope you shit yourself with stinking diarreah.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger

"a link to an article that spells out a safe way to preserve the free upgrade for later implementation if you decide to go with Win10"

Could you post the link please?

Your post could have been deleted in the system failure they had during the week, one of mine was.

So perhaps I would ask the moderator before I criticize with so much angst.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Your post could have been deleted in the system failure they had during the week, one of mine was.

So perhaps I would ask the moderator before I criticize with so much angst.

A year ago I posted and included a picture of my dog. It was deleted.
    Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
    Bob Seger