I am T-10 46 years post and 71 years old. I have done a daily dig-stim bowel program for my entire sci life. I don't know if I am the exception or the rule but the amount of time needed for my program has gotten shorter by the decade. My program usually takes 20-30 minutes daily. Nothing but manual stimulation causes a bowel movement. I can't remember the last time I had an accident. So for some folks like myself the bowel program gets more reliable and takes less time as decades pass.

I worked until age 55 and had plenty of energy until about age 50. My daily weekday schedule involved getting up around 5:30 or 6:00 AM doing a bowel program then showering, let dogs out. Then a 30 minute commute to work, work 8 hours, commute home, feed dogs, let dogs out again. Drive 30 minutes to metro park 3 times per week, transfer to race chair, do 10 miles, drive back home. During racing season do a 10K or longer every weekend. I think the race chair was responsible for having lots of energy during this time. My energy levels started to drop around the same time as I quit road racing and heavy training. Now at 71, one major activity per day is enough for me. I suspect I would have more energy if I exercised regularly but at my age I seem to easily injure myself and don't want to risk any chronic injury which would limit my ability to remain physically independent.