Thread: Gorilla? Kid? Tranquilizer?

Gorilla? Kid? Tranquilizer?

Why weren't tranquilizers an option when that kid was making his way into the gorilla cage? Why couldn't they tranquilize the kid before he got the gorilla killed? There should have been a guard sitting there with a tranquilizer gun, ready to take down the little brat as he entered the cage.

Tranquilizers take awhile to be effective and they could not wait that long to risk any harm to the kid. If it was effective instantly then you are right.

that little brat couldn't weight more than 20 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by JakeHalsted View Post
    that little brat couldn't weight more than 20 lbs
    It was the crowd that needed calmed down, not the kid. According to news reports the crowds shouting made the gorilla nervous. He had been given commands to sit quietly but disobeyed them. The two female gorillas followed those commands and did sit quietly. Tranquilize the crowd, they caused the problem.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

!

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    It was the crowd that needed calmed down, not the kid. According to news reports the crowds shouting made the gorilla nervous. He had been given commands to sit quietly but disobeyed them. The two female gorillas followed those commands and did sit quietly. Tranquilize the crowd, they caused the problem.
    Thanks