Thread: RibGRIPS, Has anyone tried them yet?

RibGRIPS, Has anyone tried them yet?

I have not tried RibGrips (they are a bit pricey).

I have Surge hand rims (21" for 540 wheels) on which the grip strips wore out, but the grip strips are NOT replaceable So I ordered Fit Grips Pro about a month ago; they're much less expensive (than either new Surges or RibGrips). I have enough hand function to grip, and the bottom the Surge remains exposed (aluminum), so I brake there with gripping. I'm quite pleased with the Fit Grips Pro on my Surges. Someday I may glue them on (glue is provided with them), but they are quite functional unglued (unglued, they move side-to-side a bit, but do not slip in line with pushing).

RibGrips, grip strips, Fit Grips -- I'm so confused . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

yep, been running for a few months. great for quads, no black hands. I am a dealer however I tested them b4 we brought on the product line. one thing, they are bigger than most handrims otherwise great.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

BTW- very sweet Miata, and a great story.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 06-28-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    BTW- very sweet Miata, and a great story.
    Thanks chasmengr!!