Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep

Chick
    Your words are helpful. I need to get back to a normal routine as you suggest. I will start trying again. It seems being tired just comes with the territory. I try to nap a few times a day and they are never successful unless I am at the point of exhaustion. The meds are a crutch that seems to just through me off kilter during the day.
    Trying not focus on how I feel is difficult as I never feel rested or good. It is a long road but I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    SNRI
    Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) include desvenlafaxine (Pristiq), duloxetine (Cymbalta), venlafaxine (Effexor), venlafaxine XR (Effexor XR), milnacipran (Savella), and levomilnacipran (Fetzima).

All the best,
    GJ
    The big problem I have with those which I have tried three of those, they give me the equivalent of rigor mortis, my muscles will lock up in my caregivers cannot even bend my leg or my arms even though they put all their effort into it just won't budge
    C4 incomplete since 1985

OK. For me....sleep is a psychological ordeal. Period. For some people (me in the past) it was "you don't exercise enough." OK. I do now. No difference. Now. If I take benedryl as a sleep aid....and NOT every day...I sleep like a LOG. But it upsets my stomach, and that in turn gives me urological incontinence...so I avoid it. One glass of wine does relax me. by 2.1 makes me wake up in four hours.

I've been researching Kava tea recently...I'll let you know

Last September I had a big surgery on my stomach and small intestines so I could not take any of my oral medications, only IV drugs so I could not take my Temazepam Which I used for sleep. So my wife went out and got be some Benadryl and Ativan. I tried the Benadryl but it made me drowsy but I did not go to sleep (after about three days of being awake) so after that wore off I tried the Ativan, which I found out that it is my crazy drug! I do not remember any of it that lasted about four days, although I do remember the visuals and hallucinations it reminded me back in my LSD days! My wife told him to do an MRI on my brain which I refused three times (don't remember any of that) so I know from now on not to take that
    Last edited by crppled007; 07-25-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    C4 incomplete since 1985

I've been having sleep issues for a number of years even before my accident. These issues have only increased since my accident. For me, Benadryl, and similar products do not work for me. If you thoroughly read the label you will find that in a small percentage of people it can cause excitability and irritability. That's me. After reading an article on the effects of small doses of Suboxen, I now have more insight into some of my issues including sleep. Cymbalta doesn't seem to have an effect as well and the melatonin does nothing either. For me, it appears my medicinal concoction is the cause and I need to eliminate some. I doubt this provided an insight or help other than to let you know you're not the only one suffering from sleep issues.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

I not uncommonly have trouble falling asleep, or going back to sleep. If I wake up during the night, primarily of all the lovely central pain sensations. Lying awake in excruciating pain is even worse than being awake during the day feeling those pains.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.