Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tort claim??

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    John Grisham's The Litigators is about the scam artist lawyers who make megabucks out of class action suits, and about how little (often pennies) that the members of the class action suit actually get vs. the millions made by the attorneys.

(KLD)
    Was that a fictional story?

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    I wish you the best James. You are very knowledgeable about where the SCI search is and which ones are promising. I hope you are successful so that it will help others.

Now I think about if I had a lot of money where would I put it. I think I would talk to Dr. Silver if I could be any help to bring his work to bring to the market as fast as possible. Also Dr. Edgerton, I would put a lot of money there so that his simulators can come to the market and then it can be improved like the computer processors improved every 6 months. Also Dr. Elizabeth in England. Hey my knowledge is limited in these things that's all I know.
    Oh man I have it all worked out, pretty solid plan! Need to make the best choices for my litigation. I should also point out that they want me to be a represented plaintiff I understand that there in the best situation when it comes to class actions, but I'm just wondering if I could get a bigger amount in a personal suit. I don't want to discuss specifics like the reason, company etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Was that a fictional story?
    Yes, fiction, but based on what really happens...

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Oh man I have it all worked out, pretty solid plan! Need to make the best choices for my litigation. I should also point out that they want me to be a represented plaintiff I understand that there in the best situation when it comes to class actions, but I'm just wondering if I could get a bigger amount in a personal suit. I don't want to discuss specifics like the reason, company etc.
    Someone on this forum might have information if they see your thread. Hope you make a lot of money.

Ironically, you left out the one book that he wrote that may have some relevance to Spinal cord injury.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/sh...away-the-tumor

The Tumor is a free book that Grisham has written to raise awareness of a new treatment called focused ultrasound and how it may be able to save a particular cancer patient. Grisham is on the board of a charitable foundation that believes it is the best hope for future patients in many different areas of medicine.

according to this chart here, for what it's worth, it's actually in preclinical trials for SCI.

http://www.fusfoundation.org/diseases-and-conditions/overview

https://www.theguardian.com/books/sh...away-the-tumor

Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    John Grisham wrote novels that involved a lot of law cases and it took place in the courtroom a lot. Here are some examples: Hollywood made a lot of movies involving big stars

In the past, there have been attorneys who were members of this forum - if they are still here, maybe they will see your posts and offer some input.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions