Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Joystick doesn't seem logical. I am a new user.

Thanks for the offer. But, I have one that is compatible for my controller joy-stick combination, thanks again, "I" set all "MY" speed adjustments to 100% I may decrease "MY" maximum turning speed a tad lower, sometime. I have it set at 100% and sometimes "I" can be a bit jerky with it.
    Last edited by Bob Sullivan; 08-11-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Sorry to be so long to respond. Thanks for the info, just trying to make available response in kind to your many thoughtful helps.

By the way, using the chair as much as I now have, I have become quite proficient, now unnatural decisions seem natural, or at least automatic, so I don't have to think to make the proper choice.

I am not knowledgeable to give advice or help yet, so I probably won't use the forum quite as much; it is a great forum. Still, there are matters that I believe are completely wrong in this industry, so I probably will pursue addressing change where able.

You have been a wonderful friend. I will try to pass similar kindness to others, when I am able.

Steven Shab

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sullivan View Post
    Thanks for the offer. But, I have one that is compatible for my controller joy-stick combination, thanks again, "I" set all "MY" speed adjustments to 100% I may decrease "MY" maximum turning speed a tad lower, sometime. I have it set at 100% and sometimes "I" can be a bit jerky with it.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post
    I have a minivan with the ramp and sometimes going down it I would get off center and need to back up, only to mess up even more and run the risk of jumping off the ramp to the side. So I decided under safer conditions, such as any down sloping pavement to practice backing up and straightening out the chair. It involves having to deliberately think about which way you want to go and be careful about which directions you need to move the joystick.
    Really the sides of the ramp should be as high as the wheel radius. For manual chairs that will mean at least 12" or 30cm. Could have sides fold down as ramp lifts up.

You should never go down a ramp in reverse. That means you will need to enter the side of the vehicle and be able to turn 90 degrees. To exit you would need to back behind the opening so you can get out the right way.

See London taxis. In those you ride backwards, but always use the ramp the right way.

Thanks for your kind reply. Shab

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post
    Really the sides of the ramp should be as high as the wheel radius. For manual chairs that will mean at least 12" or 30cm. Could have sides fold down as ramp lifts up.

You should never go down a ramp in reverse. That means you will need to enter the side of the vehicle and be able to turn 90 degrees. To exit you would need to back behind the opening so you can get out the right way.

See London taxis. In those you ride backwards, but always use the ramp the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post

Er, I go down backwards all the time, I've got a short, portable ramp we use to get me into otherwise inaccessible buildings which inevitably means a steep transition. I'd be scared of falling forward if I went front first. I could tilt chair back but would be waiting for scanning menu at top and bottom. Backwards doesn't take a lot of getting used to and my PA always guides me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabakthanai View Post
    I am not knowledgeable to give advice or help yet,
    Off topic here...

Sometimes just relating an experience you have had can help someone with you even knowing it. A Forum is only as good as the members contributions. If your post get to long and windy people don't have to read them. But if you don't post...you take away my opportunity to possibly learn something new. I am to afraid to mess with my chairs programming. But if you can do it then maybe I can too.
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete