Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: humilated

Just tooling around on the Internet and found the site, HHH.gov (that is, Health and Human Services of U.S government), and you can click on OCR (Office of Civil Rights) as it applies to Disability. There, it states that 'OCR enforces laws based on ..........disability, Title II of ADA covering activities of public entities.'

Suggest you check out this site and see if it is helpful to you. It seems to include how to file a complaint.
    I am hopeful you will consider contacting the closest Office of Civil Rights (phone book, probably listed under federal government listings, perhaps HHH.)

your handy have not heard back from any one

As KLD said before Airlines are not covered under the ADA and the place to complain to the government is: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/ACAAcomplaint.htm

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Just tooling around on the Internet and found the site, HHH.gov (that is, Health and Human Services of U.S government), and you can click on OCR (Office of Civil Rights) as it applies to Disability. There, it states that 'OCR enforces laws based on ..........disability, Title II of ADA covering activities of public entities.'

Suggest you check out this site and see if it is helpful to you. It seems to include how to file a complaint.
    I am hopeful you will consider contacting the closest Office of Civil Rights (phone book, probably listed under federal government listings, perhaps HHH.)

we did both them and American not a word but the flights back were great

Well.... as everyone else has stated i am very sorry this happened to you and as someone who has been confined to a wheelchair for 30 years i have had my share of embarrassing moments as well. I will say i have been guilty of not always keeping my cushion as clean as i should and it has smelled . . . I would also add that i doubt someone from the airline is just picking on you because of your disability and maybe there is some truth that your cushion had an odor. Again - i feel horrible that you had to experience that but i don't think (as a disabled community) we should always be so quick as to play the "disability card" before understanding everything that happened and maybe getting the airlines side of the story. Just my thoughts,

What? You can't be serious. I fly a lot and I have sat next to AB people who reek of BO, Alcohol or are so frigging fat they take up half my seat. Don't see them getting turfed off of planes. What happened was inexcusable and isn't anyone playing the "disability card".

Quote Originally Posted by hugheswf View Post
    Well.... as everyone else has stated i am very sorry this happened to you and as someone who has been confined to a wheelchair for 30 years i have had my share of embarrassing moments as well. I will say i have been guilty of not always keeping my cushion as clean as i should and it has smelled . . . I would also add that i doubt someone from the airline is just picking on you because of your disability and maybe there is some truth that your cushion had an odor. Again - i feel horrible that you had to experience that but i don't think (as a disabled community) we should always be so quick as to play the "disability card" before understanding everything that happened and maybe getting the airlines side of the story. Just my thoughts,

I thought heavy people (or as t8burst put it - "friggin fat") are a protected class under ADA. I fly a lot as well and have seen people denied entrance to an aircraft for numerous reasons. As I said in my post -- i am not unsympathetic but I do believe in giving folks the benefit of the doubt and not be so quick to think someone is discriminating against me.

Quote Originally Posted by hugheswf View Post
    my care giver washes my cushion every Monday and changes cover with vinegar water also I bathe every day that morning eveythin was changed I don/t play the disability card when delta dropped me on the jet way I was ok shook up but ok you would have needed to been there I ask the lady sitting next to me when I found out she manage a heath care group did I have an odor she sniff said no

Airlines are terrible. They really need to be hit by a huge lawsuit in order to actually get their attention. I've had numerous experiences with delta and American that were simply unbelievable.

tarantella;

You do not say if you sent a letter of complaint to the Air Line, BUT if you did not, you and everyone who has had a bad experience, should go so as soon as possible, after such an experience. You would do well to take names of any offending person who is Air Line, or Airport connected.

Do not assume that someone will know and understand your view point. You and only you can do make that point. And the Air Line folks have no clue unless you tell them. A registered letter sent with return receipt requested is also wise, if you ever expect to have the Air Line to respond.