Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: humilated

humilated

was traveling to columbus by american when in charlotte was not allowed to board someone said i smelled of urine. but i was dry a clean bag a bath before i had left

was so embarrased but the next fligght the person sitting i ask her she said no the other passengers that was there said no ordor

so what do i do i had no ordor

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    was traveling to columbus by american when in charlotte was not allowed to board someone said i smelled of urine. but i was dry a clean bag a bath before i had left

was so embarrased but the next fligght the person sitting i ask her she said no the other passengers that was there said no ordor

so what do i do i had no ordor
    I no I'm different but, if some one said that to me i would have told them to stop pissing on themselves and they wouldn't smell urine! At any rate sorry you had to go through that.

Sorry that happened to you. It's ridiculous and discriminatory behavior.

Does American Airlines sniff baby diapers and not let parents take their children on board if they're soiled ? I've sat next to so many people on flights who reeked of B.O., stale weed and beer with no one stopping them from boarding. Not to mention the people who take their shoes and socks off and prop their feet in the aisle or on the back of the plane seat.

If one flight denied you access and another flight from the same airline let you on, you should, at minimum write a complaint to customer service and to their disability services administrator. I'd also send an e-mail to an ADA attorney asking if you have a case.

Keep in mind that the ADA does not cover access to commercial airplane travel. That is covered under different legislation, and complaints are handled differently as well. It is the Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA, 49 U.S.C. 41705) that covers this. Complaints may be filed with the airline's accessibility compliance officer (who must be available at the airport 24/7), and whom you should have contacted immediately https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...tance/main.jsp , and also through the DOT: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/ACAAcomplaint.htm\

(check out your wheelchair and make sure it does not have a urine odor. This can happen with cushions and if urine gets into the upholstery.)

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 06-15-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks KLD. Next time we travel, I'll have this information in my phone.

"How to contact American's disability team

Call us if you had a special-assistance issue on a previous trip

800-892-3624"

Sorry this happened to you!
    I wish you would consider filing a written complaint. It's sick in this year of 2016 that a disabled person is singled out and denied service on an airline based on an accusation like that. The airline is clearly at fault and needs to face the music so it won't happen again.
    That airline is the one that failed to pass 'the smell test'.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Keep in mind that the ADA does not cover access to commercial airplane travel. That is covered under different legislation, and complaints are handled differently as well. It is the Air Carrier Access Act (ACAA, 49 U.S.C. 41705) that covers this. Complaints may be filed with the airline's accessibility compliance officer (who must be available at the airport 24/7), and whom you should have contacted immediately https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...tance/main.jsp , and also through the DOT: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/ACAAcomplaint.htm\

(check out your wheelchair and make sure it does not have a urine odor. This can happen with cushions and if urine gets into the upholstery.)

(KLD)
    we always change cover on mondays and i havea jay open it up wipe down with vigear water

my son had already contacted them started a on line complaint but we have not heard back but i am not going to lets this by

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post

Thanks KLD. Next time we travel, I'll have this information in my phone.

"How to contact American's disability team

Call us if you had a special-assistance issue on a previous trip

800-892-3624"

we have called that # 6 times have yet to talk to a person or callback

you shouldn't feel humiliated. people are mean and do not even comprehend life with a disability. Travel is bad enough without extra hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    we have called that # 6 times have yet to talk to a person or callback
    Suspect that is consistent with American's poor reputation in providing accessibility services. I would recommend going straight to a DOT complaint then.

(KLD)