Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to be on a Canadian TV series

great first ep! i'm glad the AB woman is not some naive person with no prior experience or association with disability.

I'm curious why you went home to do your care program. was it mainly privacy issue and they couldn't arrange that without camera/people intrusion or was it just your personal preference?

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    great first ep! i'm glad the AB woman is not some naive person with no prior experience or association with disability.

I'm curious why you went home to do your care program. was it mainly privacy issue and they couldn't arrange that without camera/people intrusion or was it just your personal preference?
    The bathrooms weren't wheelchair accessible. I could roll in, but not far enough to get to the shower/over the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    The bathrooms weren't wheelchair accessible. I could roll in, but not far enough to get to the shower/over the toilet.
    They should have used that on the show - would have been a great opportunity and learning experience! Often living spaces may have "accessible" entrances and other areas can be modified for wc user and accommodate differing functions (like the door handle you showed and kitchen area etc.) but bathrooms can be tricky and more difficult and expensive to modify.

Misleading on the "accessible" apartment!!

Seriously tho, it is a shame they neglected or intentionally chose (in which case it's curious why) to hide that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    They should have used that on the show - would have been a great opportunity and learning experience! Often living spaces may have "accessible" entrances and other areas can be modified for wc user and accommodate differing functions (like the door handle you showed and kitchen area etc.) but bathrooms can be tricky and more difficult and expensive to modify.

Misleading on the "accessible" apartment!!

Seriously tho, it is a shame they neglected or intentionally chose (in which case it's curious why) to hide that fact.
    It gets mentioned throughout the show. There's ten episodes! I can see both sides though... the production didn't have the budget to adapt an apartment they were renting for only four months, and it was fine for the other 7 housemates. I could have had my care done in bed but... no.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    It gets mentioned throughout the show. There's ten episodes!
    Ok, Ok! I'll be patient

I understand budget issues....and yea, I wouldn't want to do the bed thing either, in that situation.

I'm caught up with ep2. You do a great job describing and explaining things as you go!

btw. it was cool we got to see Amy - "I love you" awwww

Leave it to Chris to shout, "Shit!" when the truck was parked at the bus stop. lol

And way to lie to police! lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Leave it to Chris to shout, "Shit!" when the truck was parked at the bus stop. lol

And way to lie to police! lol
    I'm surprised they didn't bleep that out!

Is that on Ep. 3? I didn't watch it yet. I'll get on that today. Loving the show.

Yes - eppy 3. I'm surprised/not that they didn't bleep that out ... surprised because of the nature of that channel, but not surprised because it's Canada and not against any broadcasting laws.

Sandro is a tall drink of water at ... I think he said ... 6'7" 250lbs! It's too bad the stroke took away the inflection in his voice, but he speaks very well and very clearly! The woman who happens to be blind blows me away too.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Chris is sexy in the morning! #EpisodeFour