Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paralyzed Men Move Legs with New Non-Invasive Spinal Cord Stimulation - NIH Study

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    A wonder that a recover-ist wouldn’t be shouting from treetops if he/she did, in fact recover anything due to a therapy???
    Great point

Considering the number of publications I'd say that's pretty shout worthy. It may come as a shocker but it's only a very tiny percentage of SCI people that frequent forums like Care Cure or Apparalyzed. I'm curious as to what arguments are used to dismiss the articles posted or the blog of the Irish guy, etc. I think that, because bioelectric isn't a cure it's far less sexy than stem cell trials even though detailed reading of the latter studies largely reveals completely inconclusive data and methods. Conversely the spinal stim studies are pretty darned detailed.

I think the publications were very good and exciting. What he was saying was if he improved then he would spread the word or something like that. Epidural simulation surgical or non-surgical is very promising. I was very hopeful about stem cells but it is in very early stages (safety studies at best) and it has not really helped any illnesses. Because of media hype even before my SCI I was very excited about stem cells but it has not fixed anything yet.

Right and what I was saying is that this forum isn't the only place to crow about things. The person I know had posted regular updates to his Facebook page and doesn't visit care cure. In fact, in a broad sense care cure it's a quite obscure "place" to many people.

can you tell me that facebook page so I can also see the updates if you can