Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paralyzed Men Move Legs with New Non-Invasive Spinal Cord Stimulation - NIH Study

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    My understanding is that they already have at least one non-US study underway in Ireland with a couple more pending.
    Ireland? Really? Do you have any more information?

AFAIK the Ireland study is currently just one subject:
    http://www.newstalk.com/EXCLUSIVE-Ma...ince-paralysis

Regarding outcomes it's going to depend upon what connections remain. This doesn't create new connections.
    I personally know one subject who regained functional hand usage after several years of training with the spinal stim. Therev are multiple papers on various recoveries. The guy in Ireland can now stand up unassisted and he can sweat when he works out. There are references to improved bladder and bowel, but nothing quantitative.

I'll try to find out about enrollment for future trials. I don't think they're actively recruiting for any right now, but I'd expect to see some opening up in the near future.

AFAIK the Ireland study is currently just one subject:
    http://www.newstalk.com/EXCLUSIVE-Ma...ince-paralysis

Regarding outcomes it's going to depend upon what connections remain. This doesn't create new connections.
    I personally know one subject who regained functional hand usage after several years of training with the spinal stim. Therev are multiple papers on various recoveries. The guy in Ireland can now stand up unassisted and he can sweat when he works out. There are references to improved bladder and bowel, but nothing quantitative.

I'll try to find out about enrollment for future trials. I don't think they're actively recruiting for any right now, but I'd expect to see some opening up in the near future.
    Thank you for the info Mize,

Hey Mize,
    Is there any chance that the person that you know that has been working on spinal stimulation for years would come on here and post his/her experiences. Do you happen to know what type of spinal stimulator this was? Very curious.

He has been in the Edgerton transcutaneous study. The stimulator is designed by UCLA/CalTech.

He has been in the Edgerton transcutaneous study. The stimulator is designed by UCLA/CalTech.
    Yes it would be awesome if a person from the actual study could come here
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I'll ask him, but I don't know what restrictions he might have. I met him through a mutual friend so our communications are personal in nature. In fact, I'm not entirely certain he'd be happy with what I've already shared.

I 'wish' everything could be shared by everyone but I understand the circumstances...no biggie

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I 'wish' everything could be shared by everyone but I understand the circumstances...no biggie

Blog Entries
    I'll ask him, but I don't know what restrictions he might have. I met him through a mutual friend so our communications are personal in nature. In fact, I'm not entirely certain he'd be happy with what I've already shared.
    A wonder that a recover-ist wouldn’t be shouting from treetops if he/she did, in fact recover anything due to a therapy???