Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose a ceiling track patient lift for home

Help me choose a ceiling track patient lift for home

What is the best brand of ceiling track patient lift for home use? I'm looking for something that doesn't take forever to get into. Some of the seating slings look complicated. I have a little arm strength, so the SureHands system looks good at first glance. Anyone have experience with these kinds of systems? Thanks!

Check out both SureHands and Barrier Free. They specialize in home (vs. institutional) installations. Just be sure to select a company that has local vendors who can provide repair and service, as you may need this periodically.

(KLD)

I've been using SureHands for 20 years. With the body support system it is the easiest to use. No sling needed. I actually used one at the Bellagio in Vegas in February. Made life so much easier.

My contractor has a local vendor who uses Liko/hillrom and recommended the likorall 242es. I think they mostly have done home elevator stuff. Anyone know about that brand? I still like the look of the SureHands sling better. When I searched for "barrier free lift" a bunch of different companies came up. So are you talking about the www.barrierfreelifts.com site? Thanks you guys for all your help.

Surehands is probably at the top of the price list but the body lift is worth the extra cost. It is so much easier than using a regular sling. The system is well made too. If you do a youtube search of surehands there are a number of videos.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    What is the best brand of ceiling track patient lift for home use? I'm looking for something that doesn't take forever to get into. Some of the seating slings look complicated. I have a little arm strength, so the SureHands system looks good at first glance. Anyone have experience with these kinds of systems? Thanks!
    BHM with 4 way controller and arjo hygeine sling. super quad friendly, sling is cake to use by yourself.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

For my mother, we had a SureHands frame sling which we fit to a BarrierFree motor and track. It worked very well. for many years (with some maintenance needed). We eventually got a back-up BarrierFree motor on e-Bay very cheap, which made it much easier to not have any loss of use when the main motor needed service. We had the BarrierFree PC-2 motor which you can move from place to place in the home, with several sections of track set up in the bathroom, bedroom, and family room.

(KLD)

Picture of the SureHands setup in the Ballageo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I use a surehand. The body support is very hard on the shoulder joint. I had to get the body sling after it became too painful. An $800 mistake and it's just as fast.

Yes, crags, we found as my mother's function declined and her paralysis increased (she had MS) that we could no longer use the SureHands body support for transfers for both safety or comfort reasons, and we changed over to a cloth sling that we used for several years, although still with the BarrierFree motor and track.

(KLD)