Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeet shooting quad😵

Skeet shooting quad😵

I'm a C7 quad and ive been trying to figure out how to shoot skeet and trap for years and finally got a chance to do it last weekend in Alabama.

The set up was awkward. Shoulder harness held the butt and the barrel was resting on a loop of rope hanging down. This really limited my range of motion. I don't have hand function so I used the sip n puff trigger. My core is shit so I couldn't really pivot to adjust aim.

I've seen cabelos gun mount that may give the support I need and range of motion but it seems like it would be awkward as well. Any suggestions?

I shoot trap but I'm T-10. I use a chest strap for stability and use a very light CZ, 12 gauge over and under (6lbs, 4oz.). A friend of mine who is T-1 and uses a power chair had high armrests, used a sideways stance and had the elbow holding the forearm propped on the armrests. Using this stance he was able to go 25 for 25 on a fairly regular basis.

Blog Entries
    I shoot trap/sporting clays as a T12. Hope you get some good advice, because it sure is fun. Member deadeye is quad shooting/hunting enthusiast. Hopefully he'll notice this thread if/when he stops by next time. Might want to send him a PM, too. He is very active in the quad shooting sport scene. Helps lots of folks.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Not sure in VA where you are, but you might want to check with your closest chapter of the Paralyzed Veterans of America. They sponsor tournaments around the country. A number of members of our local chapter, including low quads, participate and compete. The local chapter should be able to link you up with someone who can talk with you about adaptations, etc.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    I didn't realize you're in VA. Deadeye is also from VA, the Virginia Wheelin' Sportsmen is the group he works with. They do shooting events all year, dozens. I bet they'd be a great resource for you.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Hey Steak, I'm running out the door to go trout fishing but will get back to you tomorrow. Check out our FB page. https://www.facebook.com/VaWheelinSportsmen/
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Hey Steak, I'm running out the door to go trout fishing but will get back to you tomorrow. Check out our FB page. https://www.facebook.com/VaWheelinSportsmen/
    Hey your holding out on us! What trial are you in????

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Hey your holding out on us! What trial are you in????
    How did I know some smartazz would catch that I wish my quad brother!!! I just wanna know when you're going to invite me down to hunt some of those fat eastern NC black bear?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Steak, I wish you'd posted this early in May. We just had a fishing and shooting event on May 14th and would have loved you to join us. I'm C5-6 and, while 'm not a great clay buster, I shoot without any adaptive gear. I have a friend who is C6-7 and I'd love to hook you guys up via email. He has a U shaped device on the fore-end of his shotgun that works great for him with sleet, and waterfowl. Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up. Also I'd like to add you to my email list of upcoming events. We do about 35 events annually here in Virginia. Deer, dove, turkey hunts, fishing and shooting events.

Here's my shooting method.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't shoot skeet, but when I'm out blowing up melons I use an old single shot 12ga with an 18.5in barrel. I have to pivot my wrist to pull the trigger so I took 3 inches off the stock to adjust length of pull. It weighs 5lbs exactly, so it isn't hard to point it anywhere you want. I'm a C6 with good enough quads and some wrist strength.
    Death and taxes