Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone uwe windows speech recognition?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    For clicking,...

I've been doing bedrest for 2 years and change and without my computer I'd be insane by now.
    The SmartNav 4, has a "Dwell Clicking" feature for clicking the mouse. Have you tried it? If so how well does it work?

I have been on bed rest for seven months, but the wound is almost healed.

I have wanted a Quad friendly mouse device for years. It appears that the technology and the price are finally compatible with my pocketbook. I'm looking forward to being more productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    For clicking,...

I've been doing bedrest for 2 years and change and without my computer I'd be insane by now.
    The SmartNav 4, has a "Dwell Clicking" feature for clicking the mouse. Have you tried it? Are you using it with speech recognition? If so how well does it work?

I have been on bed rest for seven months, but the wound is almost healed.

I have wanted a Quad friendly mouse device for years. It appears that the technology and the price are finally compatible with my pocketbook. I'm looking forward to being more productive.

I moved my laptop 5 feet from me and I was able to move the mouse around but I had to adjust the speed and smoothness settings. It also took more physical movement to move the mouse across the screen. You might be able to adjust the settings to better suit you. You might also consider making a bracket that hangs lower to attach the eyeball (as I call it) in case you have trouble using it.

When I had the Madentec Head Tracker 2000, it had Keyboard software that included dwell clicking. It worked pretty well but I didn't use it much and is now of no use since it only worked with Windows 95 - 98. If I didn't have arm use, it would have sufficed. I can't say whether the SmartNav software is a good though.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Mounting the TV to the ceiling is next on my list. For now im in another room and then having surgery Monday, I will be recovering after that. Do You use the TV as both a monitor and a TV? I may look into that system after I catch up on the medical bills, but for now it is going to be speech recognition that's free. I cannot believe how long you guys have been laid up! It has been off 117 days for me and hopefully the surgery goes well and I get up in 6 to 8 weeks!
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Mounting the TV to the ceiling is next on my list. For now im in another room and then having surgery Monday, I will be recovering after that. Do You use the TV as both a monitor and a TV? I may look into that system after I catch up on the medical bills, but for now it is going to be speech recognition that's free. I cannot believe how long you guys have been laid up! It has been off 117 days for me and hopefully the surgery goes well and I get up in 6 to 8 weeks!

Don't be in too large of a hurry to get up. Make certain you're fully healed before you try getting out of the bed on a regular basis.
    If not for the TV, movies, internet and games and a strong mindset I'd be a basket case by now.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadmanJr View Post
    I spoke with the SmartNav representative this morning. The tracking camera for the mouse works up to 5 feet away. I have my monitor (32 in. LG TV) mounted on the ceiling above my bed. The camera will be mounted to the top of the monitor. The company has a 30 day return policy so if this doesn't work it will be going back.
    Me too!
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

If you have trouble with it mounted on the TV, maybe someone could make a bracket that hooked on your headboard of your bed. I have the best results controlling the mouse when it's about 24 inches away. Good luck.