Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone uwe windows speech recognition?

Anyone uwe windows speech recognition?

Since I Have been on my back for quite a while this program has been very handy. Just saying, in case anyone did not really know about it.
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

I am using it right now with the Microsoft LiveChat LX-6000 headset. The accuracy of the microphone is excellent however this is my second headset. The microphone on the first one stopped working after two weeks. What headset are you using?

Speech

i use a Logitech USB Desktop Microphone with Advanced digital USB, Noise-canceling. I do not use a headset because I have the computer right next to me all day and most of the night, I have everything bundled into G mail, hangouts and google voice. I am at the computer to long to wear a headset. Here is what My son set up for me(see photo) took my 24 inch monitor, mounted on a monitor stand, connected it to my laptop and Velcroed some speakers to each side of the monitor. It really works great! Although my wife is kinda tired of hearing me saying mouse grid :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    i use a Logitech USB Desktop Microphone with Advanced digital USB, Noise-canceling. I do not use a headset because I have the computer right next to me all day and most of the night, I have everything bundled into G mail, hangouts and google voice. I am at the computer to long to wear a headset. Here is what My son set up for me(see photo) took my 24 inch monitor, mounted on a monitor stand, connected it to my laptop and Velcroed some speakers to each side of the monitor. It really works great! Although my wife is kinda tired of hearing me saying mouse grid :-)
    Have you tried a head mouse rather than saying mouse grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    Have you tried a head mouse rather than saying mouse grid.
    No I have ever tried one, I am usually in my chair and can type and use a Trackball

I used to have a Madentec Tracker 2000 on my pc to play games with, but it broke after 10-12 years. When I had to start doing bedrest I bought a different one.
    https://naturalpoint.com/smartnav/
    I'm faster with these head pointers than most AB's with a regular mouse.

I used to have a Madentec Tracker 2000 on my pc to play games with, but it broke after 10-12 years. When I had to start doing bedrest I bought a different one. I'm faster with these head pointers than most AB's with a regular mouse.
    Scott, thank you for Smartnav tip and link. I'm seriously thinking about purchasing one and was wondering, if you are using it for gaming do you require any of the accessories? I will be using it while I am flat on my back in bed. I am trying to decide if I should purchase the USB switches with it.
    Last edited by QuadmanJr; 05-30-2016 at 09:55 PM.

I used to have a Madentec Tracker 2000 on my pc to play games with, but it broke after 10-12 years. When I had to start doing bedrest I bought a different one.
    https://naturalpoint.com/smartnav/
    I'm faster with these head pointers than most AB's with a regular mouse.
    Just curious, how do you use a head mouse when you are flat on your back?

I'm not completely flat. I sit at about 30-50 degrees. My laptop sits atop an overbed table with a wedge beneath to prop it up. I have used it at a lower degree but it strained my eyes. If you have the means to hold your laptop over your head while lying flat you should be alright if you put a small pillow behind your head to make it easier to move your head around. For clicking, I took an old recline switch and wired it to act as a right/left clicker. I also made a home-made sip and puff switch, but only use it when my arm gets tired or when my clicker wears out and have to buy new switches. I don't play games like Halo or FPS's but things like Words with Friends and Angry Birds and puzzle games are pretty easy. If you do get one, don't buy extra reflective dots from them. You can buy 3M reflective tape from Amazon and save a crap-load of money making your own.
    http://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotchlite-...ilpage_o01_s00
    If you have more questions, let me know...

I've been doing bedrest for 2 years and change and without my computer I'd be insane by now. However I did get up today and go for a ride in my chair... unfortunately I was going to the dentist 3 blocks away. lol
    Last edited by Scott C4/5; 05-31-2016 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Just curious, how do you use a head mouse when you are flat on your back?
    I spoke with the SmartNav representative this morning. The tracking camera for the mouse works up to 5 feet away. I have my monitor (32 in. LG TV) mounted on the ceiling above my bed. The camera will be mounted to the top of the monitor. The company has a 30 day return policy so if this doesn't work it will be going back.