Thread: Where to buy Braun folding ramp hinge?

Where to buy Braun folding ramp hinge?

Hi CC members!

My Braun folding ramp has a broken hinge (in the middle fold) that needs to be replaced, which my bf can do so online looking for the part. If anyone knows where to buy online, plz let me know. Many thanks

Tiff
    May the fetus you save be gay

A local braun dealer would be a good start.

Theres more than like something else going on if the hinge broke.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

If the Braun dealer will not sell it, you might try contacting this company

http://www.donbrownbusparts.com/inde...&prodId=159122

1-800-the-lift

Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Hi CC members!

My Braun folding ramp has a broken hinge (in the middle fold) that needs to be replaced, which my bf can do so online looking for the part. If anyone knows where to buy online, plz let me know. Many thanks

Tiff
    Call Braun directly at 1-800-THE-LIFT. I had a swing-away lift that the pump kept on leaking. I got tried of driving two hours to the mobility company to repair it. This happened about 5 times. I called Braun directly and spoke to manager in charge of service. He listened to me, asked the name of the installer and told me he would call me back in a hour. He did! He told me to take back one more time for a brand new lift which was their latest model.

Also, the switch box cable cracked opened breaking one wire inside the cable preventing the lift to go up. It was 3 month out of warranty and I called Braun directly. They replaced the cable box with new switches and cable but I had to pay the installer 1 hour of service time.

Give Braun a call and tell them you had a defective hinge and you would like to have it replaced. The hinge should last the lifetime of the lift.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

It broke yrs ago when driving up the ramp be4 it deployed fully in my powerchair. Now after yrs of the hinge next to it has become weak. My friend's really heavy powerchair on it 2 mos ago weakened it even more.

I have a few local places. I wanted to call my usual van shop BUT I know they'll insist on doing the work. But thx. I'll give Braun a call. Thx everyone. And ty Tonyy! Great link.

You may be able to match one up at a local WW Grainger or McMaster Carr if all else fails.

ok thx again

My friend had this happen - it was the screw that weakened and broke, not the hinge. Could it be the same issue?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Nope its definitely one of the hinges. I can see it i'll take/post a pic later