Thread: Intereting control of car by quad - 152 mph Corvette

Intereting control of car by quad - 152 mph Corvette

Not sure where to post this, Life or Equipment.

Quad and 152mph Corvette

http://www.gizmag.com/sam-schmidt-au...orvette/43476/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

I met that guy! He donated a bunch of gran prix tickets to Kennedy Krieger when the races were in Baltimore. We got to go into the paddock and meet him. He drives his chair with the only movement he has, by turning his head from side to side. Knowing what kind of function this guy has....that means he drove 150mph with no hands on the wheel

Wow that's crazy, they build a lot for us these days! Wonder how expensive that would be in a street legal car, with sensors or something like voice recognition for everything else you need like wipers, radio, AC, seatbelt etc or if that's even possible, I could actually use that tho! self driving cars are around the corner for everyone. Only thing that scares me is spasms, and putting complete faith (involving more than just your own life) in sensory technology. Xbox Kinect and head mouse Controls drive me nuts enough as it is lmao.

I'd been looking for something like this, really miss the 911 and Boxter and independence of getting myself to where I want to be, not that there is anything wrong with the wife's driving Self driving cars could be part of the solution but it looks like the UK will require additional tests to drive them Not sure how the testing authority would look at me with a vent and what would happen if it popped off eek Can't afford to have a track day only toy nor the hassle involved getting it to a track.

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    I'd been looking for something like this, really miss the 911 and Boxter and independence of getting myself to where I want to be, not that there is anything wrong with the wife's driving Self driving cars could be part of the solution but it looks like the UK will require additional tests to drive them Not sure how the testing authority would look at me with a vent and what would happen if it popped off eek Can't afford to have a track day only toy nor the hassle involved getting it to a track.
    Yeah we will probably have an even longer waiting list, because if something were to malfunction we couldn't even take control or do repairs we just be in deep shit which would have insurance company sweating. A lot of testing will be needed
    I'd budget; won't be available anytime soon, general public maybe 2018 A few sources have said