Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: firefly rio mobility

This one is more like dragon fly but nothing to add to your chair

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik View Post
    braking is not easy and throttle is hard to turn.
    If you have ideas to share, you're welcome !
    for the throttle try attaching a crampbuster, i'm c6, works great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    Could you attach one that hooks up like this

yes as I have that capability where is that

These are made by Stricker-handbikes.de their stuff new is pretty pricey but you might could find a used one. Bike-on.com sells some of their models new and there is a classified ad site in Germany http://handbike.de/wp/basar/ that they come up on occasionally as well as ebay.de search for handbike. There maybe other companies that use same type of attachment system but I do not know. John at Bike-on.com might could give you insight on that.

You can also look at Spanish made Batec third wheel or electric assisted handbikes, designed by a quad. They are very easy to install, but the part bolted under the chair is a bit heavy IMO. On the other side, I think I've never seen an handlebar adaptation as easy as this one : Push to brake, pull for throttle, you just have to put your hands on it and GO !
    I'm not sure they are available in the US, and they are also pricey... (same price as Striker). That's partially why I've bought the Firefly, but moving by myself with small resources from a classical para-handlebar to a quad-friendly one is not a piece of cake. Even if you can swap handle to trigger for throttle, brakes are the main difficulty when your pinch is weak... or nonexistant.
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

that's is too kool I truly think that with a few adations here with my friend when they had we could have attached it I was fine with the way the handlebars were set up no problem but was scared for legs they were littleral black from behind knewes to ankles to scared of skin break down

but oh well

where you al find this neat stuff?

Forgot about Batec....and they are in the US http://livingspinal.com/power-assist...plegics-batec/ and as said pricey... I have done a lot of google searches over time there are lots of these types of things in different countries some sold here some not. Bike-on.com imports Stricker you could ask about Batec. I have not seen a used Batec for sell...

the smart tetra is about the best i have found for us. i have solid c5 customers who can mount unmount it. but the rio isnt comparable to the strickers cost wise. if i can help let me know i sell all stricker models, . they have gotten very popular here.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    the smart tetra is about the best i have found for us. i have solid c5 customers who can mount unmount it. but the rio isnt comparable to the strickers cost wise. if i can help let me know i sell all stricker models, . they have gotten very popular here.

that is awesome bike but I am soo strap for cash I just can not but was gonna ask u about it but I am strap I just bought a new house in florida and.......

This is the "dashboad" of my firefly.
    On the left, I've moved the brake lever which is now under the bar and oriented forward. therefore I can push on it, instead of grabbing the lever (that I can't do). This solution is totally inexpensive and doesn't work bad, can be improved because it's a bit difficult to brake strongly due to the lever travel.
    Right side I've wrapped a crampbuster (same idea as Arcalis0 - , mine is upside down to fit well, but I'm not happy with it. It's not well tightened on the handle due to his shape, and my hand also slips on it becuse my thumb isn't nicely positioned ... It could be better.
    The main issue IMO to hook/unhook this beast easily when you are a quad, is the lack of stand to keep it at a good height (and in good position) when you aren't using it. There's no other solution than letting it lying on the ground, and you must have pretty strong arms and good balance to position it nice for hooking. Other small issue, if you have followed the instructions, you have to lift a lot the front casters, and it is not easy too...
    Un-hooking is easyer if you have fastened big rings on the locking knobs, you can put your thumbs inside to push and unlock them. It works.

(sorry for the pics in wrong order !)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.