Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: firefly rio mobility

firefly rio mobility

got the firefly but how many quad here have 1 how do you hook by yourself?

I have one. I'm not able to hook it alone, I have an idea how to make it easyer but didn't have the time to test.
    I can un-hook it alone with a very few, inexpensive mod... need some more practice, but I did it 2/3 times. I don't use this firefly very often, because I don't feel safe with. I have to work on the commands, braking is not easy and throttle is hard to turn.
    If you have ideas to share, you're welcome !
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

you are the same level as I am but its always different for each of us I am not going flying gonna take m time learning but I saw 2 kick stands used but.... first we have some more adjusting then off to the races

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik View Post
    ... braking is not easy and throttle is hard to turn.
    If you have ideas to share, you're welcome !
    All the parts on the Firefly handlebar look like common E-bike off the shelf, and easily swapable for something that may work better for you. I doubt you need the locks on the hand brakes for example. I different set might enable you to rotate them in a better location, or maybe replace the handle bar with one that suits you better. Also I don't know if that's a half twist or what throttle but they come in different options and types. All of them are three wire five volt dc designed for drive by wire. You could go to an E bike store and check out options and ask questions to find someone to help.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I don't have a problem with mine just it's too big to get in anywhere . I have good user body so I can just push on the handlebars to lift the front end but one day when tired i did think it would be better makeramps to lift the casters 1-2"

It looks like they just released a "Next Generation" Firefly with a 2 point lever attachment that looks a little easier to attach. I couldn't download any photo's, but it on their website http://riomobility.com
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    It looks like they just released a "Next Generation" Firefly with a 2 point lever attachment that looks a little easier to attach. I couldn't download any photo's, but it on their website http://riomobility.com
    thsts the 1 I have but its a bitch getting on gonna call them Tuesday as I must be doing something wrong and I have a ti lite tr as in the video

does your have like a parking brake I can push the wheel and make mine go up learning curve

I'm not a quad & I use a Dragonfly rather than a Firefly but I got a really good tip/trick from a bicyclist friend. To hold the handcycle upright while hooking on and off, place the front tire of the handcycle between the rubber of the car tire and the wheel well of the car's body. It will stay up when you let go.

I've use this technique to unhook my Dragonfly from the chair then back away from it. The cycle remains upright and I use the "arms" (now detached) as kickstands. I'm free & my helper can load it into the car. I always go with a friend as I can't lift the handcycle high enough to get in/out of the trunk & it's hard to move if it's not hooked on so getting it to the wheel well would be hard for me. And I'm a para. Hard to fathom how a quad would pull this off but more power to ya! The handcycle has been the best piece of equipment I've ever had. Built to last, its given me an exercise option I actually like. Good luck to you all.

I ;ile it with time I think I could bewtten all my smart contract friends figure out something to up up I almost can but the back of my legs from transferring with those steel knobs I am so bruised right leg worse

so rather than get skin issues sending back frustrated

Could you attach one that hooks up like this