Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In NEED of acquiring some size 14 straight male caths!!

In NEED of acquiring some size 14 straight male caths!!

So... Crap!... I am having trouble with my Cath supplier and Ins company and am quickly running out of caths. I also, put this off for to long and am starting to get a bit scared. I have an appointment with my urologist next week and should be able to get this resolved within a month. I am looking to get a whole months supply (160) or at least 2 weeks (80). They can be any type, Hyrdrophillic, Regular with gel packs, or kits, as long as they are size 14 straight and not expired and within a price range that I can afford. I can send payment for them and shipping through western union, or COD from UPS/fedex... I don't have a paypal set up but I suppose that I could set one up if need be. Or I have a bank account through Bank of America and I believe can transfer funds to others who also have BoA. Or, If you live close enough to Gainesville Fl, I can come pick them up. If anyone is interested in helping me out, Please PM me or reply here. I can give you my phone number through PM and we can talk about it, if you would like as well. OR, if anyone remembers seeing a recent post of someone trying to let some go, please give me a link to that thread. Thanks a lot in advance, I am hoping a CC brother can help a guy out.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

ALSO, If anyone knows of A national supplier of caths that covers the 20% that medicare does not pay, for low income individuals, could you please let me know. I had this set up with the same cath company for 10 years. Every year they would ask me to fill out a request form and I would answer it honestly. I never had a problem with them covering that 20%. Then, This year, I filled out the same form with the same answers as my income and living conditions have not changed. I was kind of shocked that they sent me back a letter saying that I was no longer eligible due to "changes in their requirements" then 2 days later I received my last shipment along with a bill for 75 bucks. I did mess up pretty badly by not calling them right away/yet to try and resolve the problem. I am going to call them within the next day or two to try and do this. However, I know that no matter what, they will not send me anything until I see my Urologist next week. As they want records within 6 months, and I have not seen mine for @ nine months. Anyway, again, If anyone has what I am in NEED of in the above post. Please send me a PM. Thanks.

national supplier of caths

Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    ALSO, If anyone knows of A national supplier of caths that covers the 20% that medicare does not pay, for low income individuals, could you please let me know. I had this set up with the same cath company for 10 years. Every year they would ask me to fill out a request form and I would answer it honestly. I never had a problem with them covering that 20%. Then, This year, I filled out the same form with the same answers as my income and living conditions have not changed. I was kind of shocked that they sent me back a letter saying that I was no longer eligible due to "changes in their requirements" then 2 days later I received my last shipment along with a bill for 75 bucks. I did mess up pretty badly by not calling them right away/yet to try and resolve the problem. I am going to call them within the next day or two to try and do this. However, I know that no matter what, they will not send me anything until I see my Urologist next week. As they want records within 6 months, and I have not seen mine for @ nine months. Anyway, again, If anyone has what I am in NEED of in the above post. Please send me a PM. Thanks.
    Try www.180medical.com

toll-free 1-877-688-2729
    I have been getting my supplies there for years and they
    accept Medicare as full payment.

I believe I have what you need. You have not said how much you can afford?
    I use
    Wilmington Medical Supply
    Catheters:
    Phone: (866) 708-2730
    Fax: (855) 899-0215
    They ship all over US to my knowledge and I fill out a form every year as well so there is no copay. If you have a debit card you can pay anyone that has a paypal account, you do not have to set up an account yourself I do not think. I have a paypal account and will check just to make sure. But let me know and will see if I can help you out. Mine are the closed system and are Hydrophilic they are 14FR straight with pre-lubricated introducer tip

djrolling, I am about to send you a pm

You know another alternative is re-using your caths. I use the same one for two weeks and then go to a new one. Its worked for me for years. My urologist told me its ridiculous to be using a new catheter every time and I agree. What a waste! Just an idea....

I use Summit Medical Supply they call every month to see if I need more dont know about medicare but they take my health insurance payment as payment in full

Quote Originally Posted by rcrumb View Post
    You know another alternative is re-using your caths. I use the same one for two weeks and then go to a new one. Its worked for me for years. My urologist told me its ridiculous to be using a new catheter every time and I agree. What a waste! Just an idea....
    I tried that for quite a while when I was first injured and had constant uti's once my urologist switched me to the closed system I have not had a uti since

Quote Originally Posted by rcrumb View Post
    Years ago, this was standard of practice, but about 2008 the policy of Medicare, the VA, and other insurances requiring reuse of catheters was challenged legally, based on labeling of the catheters by the vendors as "For single use only" and that this labeling was part of the FDA approval of the catheters. Medicare changed that requirement then, as did the VA, and most other insurers followed along. So you can certainly choose to reuse catheters, but your provider (and insurer) should not be requiring you to do so.

(KLD)

Thanks Guys, I have found a couple people to help me out until I can get all this Ins./ cath provider stuff figured out. rcrumb: It was gonna come to that soon. I remember, years back, when medicare changed the rules and would only pay for 4 catheters a month!! I was so pissed (literally, haha) I would wash them very well, put them in new brown bags to dry every time AND I started getting UTI's for the first time. I couldn't believe they wanted us to do this. I mean, Is it not supposed to be as sterile of a process as possible? I can't believe your Urologist is telling you its a waste of caths. Also, the only type I have are the hydrophillic kind and I don't know if they can be washed and reused. I bet a lot of people got bad UTI's when medicare changed those rules/ they probably got sued, cause they changed the rules back within about 1 year.