Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 month old, non traumatic SCI injury, advice, help, thoughts

Hey there
    Did you get a wheelchair sorted?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrig View Post
    Hey there
    OP has not visited here since May 2016, so very unlikely to answer your question.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrig View Post
    Hey there
    We are in the process of acquiring one. He is using a trial wheelchair, twist, and has learned to go forward and back, which apparently is very good for a 15 month old. We should hopefully get his in the next 10 weeks, it's a long process!

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    MomNoah, hi. I only came here recently, when the isle of Apparelyzed sank. Nice to see you again. Greetings to little Noah.
    Female, T9 incomplete

A quick update....

he he is now receiving physio and OT 4 times a week, and after New Years will be three times a week for a year.

we have a little stander for him that we try to use once or twice a day for 30 minutes. It is received well.

he is now fully army commando crawling like a champ, all over the place. He seems to have full function, I would say to t4. He is able to engage his ab muscles at certain times, and moves his legs against gravity on occasion too.

he has learned to support himself sitting up without back support, and can go from lying to sitting on his own. We are working on rolling, he can move his upper body to the side but needs help with legs. Once on the side he can go on his tummy no problem.

he can also maintain a four point position, and staring to be able to reach for things with one arm while in that position.

we had a full work up done for bladder. He is on preventative antibiotics. Bladder contracts but his sphincter does not seem to be fully relaxing, however no back up as he seems to be peeing before bladder is full. He can also sustain a decent pee stream.

his coughs and sneezes have also gotten much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    MomNoah, hi. I only came here recently, when the isle of Apparelyzed sank. Nice to see you again. Greetings to little Noah.
    me too! Haven't been on here since I had signed up, but I find comfort in this type of community so I hopped back on.

Noah is okay, but believe it or not, he broke is femur....they said combo of chemo and not walking has made his bones less dense ((( he is doing really well, we got him a bean bag, and he can actually still kind of army crawl...what a champ!

Quote Originally Posted by MomNoah View Post
    me too! Haven't been on here since I had signed up, but I find comfort in this type of community so I hopped back on.

Noah is okay, but believe it or not, he broke is femur....they said combo of chemo and not walking has made his bones less dense ((( he is doing really well, we got him a bean bag, and he can actually still kind of army crawl...what a champ!
    glad to see progress. Sorry to hear about the leg!!!

something to ask about is Functional Electrical Stimulation. That would help in a lot of ways!! Not sure at what age he could start!!

http://www.cyclonemobility.com/f.e.s/what-is-fes

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    I'm sorry about the broken leg, too. And I think megatrig's idea about using the FES looks good. Keep coming here, MomNoah. We care about you.
    Female, T9 incomplete