Thread: 1960 Ford Fairlane - show winning, multiple magazine featured full custom car F/S...

Cool 1960 Ford Fairlane - show winning, multiple magazine featured full custom car F/S...

nj/nyc area... asking 23,000 or best offer... must sell as much as i hate to....

this is likely a long shot as vehicles for sale on disability forums don't seem to get much interest....perhaps someone disabled [or non-disabled] looking for a kickass set of wheels just might see this and want to buy my beautiful kustom....
    i'm placing this ad on a couple of other disability related forums as well...

i have to sell my beautiful '60 fairlane kustom ride as i'm no longer able to transfer in/out of it on my own...i'm just getting old and physically deteriorated and need to sell it to get funds for another cool set of ol daily driver wheels which i can still use on my own without help...

i'm a c5-7 quad but have been so since 1990, am 50 y/o now and due to being grounded in bed/house for the past 5 years [first a festering pressure sore and a subsequent surgery, then a crash when a tour bus plowed into me] i've lost a lot of strength/ability and thus no longer can use this killer ride in a practical sense... i guess any para will be easily able to transfer into/out of it without issues, or a highly mobile quadriplegic...or someone with a disability [or no disability at all of course] which makes him/her comparable or more able than the above....

the car has a bench seat and that makes all the difference for me now... while i can still drive it easily and transfer from my chair into the car's seat and vice-versa, i'm no longer able to grab and stow my wheelchhair behind me, nor take it out an unfold it.... i looked into changing the seats into custom buckets on a swivel base but decided that what i really need now is a ride i can use 365 days a year in snow/salt, not a custom; especially since i had tto sell my other ride recently, a '36 studebaker dictator coupe hot rod which i've owned for 20 years....

if you're looking for a killer set of wheels for show AND to drive whenever-wherever, this is your ride and i'm selling it at a fraction of what it would cost to build on order [over $80k]...hell, the paintjob alone would cost $20k if you can find someone who even knows how to properly shoot the tricky lacquer/technique without runs, orange peel flaws, etc.....
    if you don't like to be constantly gawked at by other folks on the road and chased down to be asked what your car's year/make is, etc. you don't want this ride....it creates a lot of attention anywhere, from freeways to parking lots and anywhere in-between when i drive/park it....

the car is built to be timeless, along the old school styling of early '60s customs...there are no 1-800 catalog parts on it except maybe for tires, everything is one-off custom built...it has class and oozes tradition, it'll still be cool long after the newest trendy rides with silly huge 22" rims and rubberband tires will become passe....it was built for a famous hot rod and tattoo artist [with a strong connection to metallica's james hetfield] by his car club brother, a hall of fame custom car builder and painter....

there's just too much to type here about this custom ride, i'm including a 'flyer' [instead of trying to upload a bunch of pics] with small photos and basic info just to get the basics here as a file below....if you're seriously interested, please contact me for more details/pics...
    it has undergone an extensive customization/fabrication process from ground up [the build lasted from 2008 to 2010] which includes the extending of the trunk/moving the rear roofline forward by 9", extending of its rear fins by 2", etc. reshaped/radiused wheel wells, custom molded-in floating stainless tube grill, for perfect proportions, etc., etc...virtually every part of it was modified from factory henry f. metal... of course it has shaved door handles and locks [magnetically activated] and other such custom touches....all using traditional old school metal working fabricating techniques....

engine, transmission, rear end, etc is from a restored 1967 for mustang fastback....

car is in excellent and absolutely 'drive anywhere' condition... i've recently added an aftermarket 'vintage air' a/c system to the car and converted it to power brakes....only the fuel gauge doesn't work [likely needs new sender].... a custom made, top of the line '4 season/waterproof' outdoor car cover [with cable and lock] from 'california car covers' comes with it...

i also have a classifieds ad which includes detailed info and about 37 pics of this ride on hemmings.com and hopefully i'm allowed to place links to other sites here:
    http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...e/1772835.html

if links to other sites are not allowed, mods/admins please siimply delete the link above from this post rather tthan the entire post....

this ride has won trophies/awards but the most significant one is a 1st place win in its class at the legendary GNRS show in 2010 where it was entered right after its build was finiished...
    it also had full photo/article features in 4 different major hot rod/custom magazines, including "rod & custom" magazine and an exclusive full magazine cover with a pin-up model ["traditional rod & kulture" magazine]....it's rare for a car to be featured in a single mag and every owner dreams of it, this ride was featured in 4 mags between 2010 and 2012, including a full cover....

the car currently has my 'drive-master style' push/pull hand controls and a steering wheel 'palm grip' with ability for driving both by either disabled driver, or a non-disabled one via standard pedals....can sell wiith or without controls...

strongly prefer a buyer relatively local to me from new jersey/new york city area [i'm in northern nj, about 30 minutes drive from manhattan/nyc] because i don't want the hassle of dealing wiith long distance shipping it via car carrier...i purchased it from kansas myself back in fall of 2011 [and put less than 250 miles since]...
    however, if you live far away but can arrange for someone to come and inspect this car for you then arrange yourself for its shipping, i don't care where you're from and how far you live from me of course....

cheers, jerzy....
    };->
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    wherever you go there you are...

Killer ride. Love it. Not really what I am looking for, but I appreciate you taking the chance to post it here...

thanks...

Looks good. I'm trying to sell my Purple Pontiac Lemans too. Getting too hard to find anybody to work on the car at least in Florida, other parts of the country probably not so bad, just not many good mechanics in Florida.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Looks good. I'm trying to sell my Purple Pontiac Lemans too. Getting too hard to find anybody to work on the car at least in Florida, other parts of the country probably not so bad, just not many good mechanics in Florida.
    pretty nice ragtop cruiser, i dig the '70s rake stance too... though imo a set of classic 'cragar s/s' rims would look so much better than the one you have on the car... these rims remind me of '80s camaro iroc-z, i personally prefer 60s-70s look of cragar ss or slotted ansen mags on such cars....not a fan of that 'chameleon' changing colors paint myself either but that's just my personal taste, many others dig it....

i'm unable to work on my cars anymore either and i have a good bud who keeps my rides on the road for the past decade or so... before that i made a good acquaintance with a local mechanic from old school auto shop and could always count on solid work from him... plus i always paid him an extra 20 up to 100 bucks over final price for any work, depending on the amount, so i could count on fast and solid work.... my friend will soon be moving to south carolina so i'll likely have to go back to that local auto shop option.....i'd suggest a similar course of action if you're having problems getting the right people to work on your car...or make friends with local rodders/muscle machine enthusiasts at some car cruises close to you....

i'll actually be looking at late '60s ['67-'71] gm a-bodies myself for my next daily driver because it's the only type of body platform i can still get in/out of and stow my wheelchair in without help... i had a '68 hopped up ols cutlass w/455 mill as my daily river for 9 years until 2011 and i know for sure that i could still handle stowing my wheelchair behind me in these cars on my own without falling out of the car's seat...

cheers....
    Last edited by juras; 05-08-2016 at 11:16 AM.