Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help: finding part, carpenters, engineering, do it yourself types etc.. crib baby

  1. #1
    Senior Member NW-Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

    Help: finding part, carpenters, engineering, do it yourself types etc.. crib baby


    Looking to modify a crib for a baby, ran into this Youtube video and looking to copy the idea of using the sliding door hinge thingy.

    Been googling for ages and cannot find this type of hinge thing.
    Anyone have any clue what the technical name of this is. or better suggestions etc. similar but different to a heavy duty tool box drawer extenders.

    Fast forward to the 5:12 mark to see the crib and it's sliding action


  2. #2
    Senior Member Joe-MN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Twin Cities, MN , USA
    I think those are called 'sliders'. Normally used for drawers. Lots of options. Look around, you may have examples in your house.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

  3. #3
    Yes, google "36 inch drawer slides"
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Similar Threads

  1. help finding a part
    By djrolling in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 06:52 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 05:33 PM
  3. Accessible Baby Crib (w/pics)
    By LooseCannon in forum Life
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 02:45 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 01:20 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts