Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im going crazy and want to walk infront of a bus

Spine pain is not the same as spinal cord injury.Try this forum instead: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/ca...s/chronic-pain

I agree with t8burst. Look to surgery before relying on drugs. If you're not careful you could end up as one of us.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

Spinal cord injury involves paralysis and loss of bodily functions which is the reason for this site. I understand you are in pain BUT surgery is an option for you that most of us here don't have. Unfortunately, finishing your profile helps people here know how to help you if you had an issue pertaining to a spinal cord injury that we could help with....PIA yes BUT chronic pain/back problems is NOT a spinal cord injury. I understand your pain but not much sympathy here from people who have lost function and sensation in some cases all four limbs called paraplegics and quadriplegics.

Pills should be a last resort not a means to avoid fixing your back. My physicians, all of them, gave me the ok to use MMJ in conjunction with my other low dose pain medicine because there are no other options for me after 27 years of paralysis. If you are suicidal, seek mental help and get your discs fixed.

The CDC guidelines specifically directed/urged physicians not to test for MMJ and not to dismiss chronic pain patients that tested positive. This should help you get the mmj you want.

Funny you mentioned "fakers" on a website for paraplegics and quadriplegics.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

If you had a spinal cord injury, Kessler in NJ is where I would go. But they only accept spinal cord injuries.

Otherwise wait the 30 days for the MJ to clear your system and find a new pain management doctor unless you failed a drug test at pain management. If that is the case, I don't know what to tell you other than beg a physician to take you.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    have you tried acupuncture?
    I know it's garden variety but what about ibuprofen? You can take up to 3600 mg/day of ibuprofen and it has anti-inflamatory effects at higher doses.
    I hv been tk duexus every day and im using max hv used acupuncture cirppractors meditation all typez of physical therapy ive tried every alternative thing out there with no help they wanted to put in a medication pump in but it comes with a port and there known to get infected on a regular basis im really at a point where I need a new break through to happen only thing I see thats remotely new is stem cell injection s but need to go over seas to get it done believe me I dispise. The meds but its better then being a lump of coal for the rest of my life and I hv 6 kids that depend on me

I feel that the mj with the meds could actually keep me from having to tk so much off it that it would seriously help to regulate it and keep me from having to tk them all day and ironically it was the last stop when it should be first difference is un like most the mj could be great oprion if I did not hv to function normally all day

Meaning if I was tk out of work would not need the actual opiates but the mj cant use at work or during the day with my babies that are 2 and a half twins second set

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    So you have spinal problems, but not a spinal CORD injury??

(KLD)
    Yes

The doctors refusing surgery want me to wait another 10 years before they will even think about it said that I hv a 30% chance that it would even help and that I hv a much greater chance it could mk it worse

Quote Originally Posted by csmithrun81 View Post
    I hv been tk duexus every day and im using max hv used acupuncture cirppractors meditation all typez of physical therapy ive tried every alternative thing out there with no help they wanted to put in a medication pump in but it comes with a port and there known to get infected on a regular basis im really at a point where I need a new break through to happen only thing I see thats remotely new is stem cell injection s but need to go over seas to get it done believe me I dispise. The meds but its better then being a lump of coal for the rest of my life and I hv 6 kids that depend on me
    Yeah, you can't get a buzz of a medication pump so I guess that is out. If you were serious about managing your pain and not just looking for drugs the slight chance of infection, which would be easily managed by antibiotics, would be well worth the risk if you were really at the point where you would "jump in front of a bus".