Thread: 'Paralyzed bride' opens up about pool accident

'Paralyzed bride' opens up about pool accident

(NEWSER) ? Rachelle Chapman, the now-30-year-old paralyzed in 2010 when one of her best friends pushed her in the pool at her bachelorette party, is talking to People and Today in advance of a TLC documentary about her story ? a documentary that reveals, among other things, that Chapman is no longer friends with the woman who caused her accident. Though Chapman long defended her friend, refusing to name her publicly (she still hasn't), she says they ultimately drifted apart. Chapman tells People her friend was "distraught and depressed" after the accident, and the two supported each other. "The first year I made sure that she was OK, even more than me," Chapman tells Today. But as time went on, things shifted for both of them.

Full article- http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...dent/83590900/

"In the beginning, she was there for me and I was there for her. She was distraught and depressed about what happened. But as the years passed, she didn't make the effort, it was just going through the motions and every time we spoke, I just felt like I was remembering the accident and going into the pool and I had negative feelings."Is there anyone here suffering from, or caring for a person with, spinal cord injury who hasn't experienced friends and acquaintances drifting away ?My summary or the People Magazine article:Then: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."Now: "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone "

Proxy spacing problems again"In the beginning, she was there for me and I was there for her. She was distraught and depressed about what happened. But as the years passed, she didn't make the effort, it was just going through the motions and every time we spoke, I just felt like I was remembering the accident and going into the pool and I had negative feelings." Is there anyone here suffering from, or caring for a person with, spinal cord injury who hasn't experienced friends and acquaintances drifting away ? My summary or the People Magazine article: Then: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Now: "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone "

Proxy spacing problems again"In the beginning, she was there for me and I was there for her. She was distraught and depressed about what happened. But as the years passed, she didn't make the effort, it was just going through the motions and every time we spoke, I just felt like I was remembering the accident and going into the pool and I had negative feelings." Is there anyone here suffering from, or caring for a person with, spinal cord injury who hasn't experienced friends and acquaintances drifting away ? My summary of the People Magazine article: Then: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. " Now: "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone "

"wdrwhofans,"

I don't know what you are seeing in the proxy you have to use to get onto Care Cure Community. So, here is a screen shot of how I see your posts numbers 2, 3, & 4. No spacing problems on any of your three postings.

All the best,
    GJ
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks gjnl.On my computer, it looks like every letter is right next to the other with no spacing.The article seemed to be edited by People to create drama. My point was that many of us have also lost friends after SCI entered our lives. People seems to be trying to make the woman who pushed her into the pool seem disloyal. Eventually someone will leak her mane and that, in my opinion, is not fair.

Eventually someone will leak her name and that, in my opinion, is not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    Eventually someone will leak her name and that, in my opinion, is not fair.
    It won't be Rachel!

I agree, but with the P.R. surrounding an upcoming documentary, someone will. The article seems to be creating a "who done it?"