Thread: Stopped taking oxybutynin and now salivating without control!

Unhappy Stopped taking oxybutynin and now salivating without control!

Just as the title of this thread goes. I've been regularly taking oxybutynin, I've now stopped and I started salivating without control. It's awful.

Has anyone gone trough this? Any recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon

Some people can drool as much as they like

Apparently, Bill Gates drools, rocks back and forth and looses his temper and throws things.
    http://hugequestions.com/Eric/Linux/Linux3.html

Now if you had as much money as him, you could do whatever you want and get away with it.

Start taking it again and taper off?

How is bladder managed?

Sometimes need it for SP.

Sphincterotomy and condom drainage?

Is pressure in bladder between catheters okay without it?

Why did you stop the oxybutinin? Did you not start a different anticholenergic? All anticholenergics can suppress a number of parasympathetic functions, including salivation, tear production, and even mucous production in the gut. Often constipation is a problem, both due to less peristalsis and less mucous.

Have you spoken to your physician about the excessive salivation? This is not normal, and there are a number of conditions that can cause it that should be more completely explored.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Yes I think I have less peristalsis since I stuffed up 2 weeks ago this is why my bowels feel like their dead with no push and have to take Movicol to get any relief

Quote Originally Posted by zagam View Post
    Apparently, Bill Gates drools, rocks back and forth and looses his temper and throws things.
    http://hugequestions.com/Eric/Linux/Linux3.html

Now if you had as much money as him, you could do whatever you want and get away with it.

Start taking it again and taper off?

How is bladder managed?

Sometimes need it for SP.

Sphincterotomy and condom drainage?

Is pressure in bladder between catheters okay without it?
    I would just take it to stop salivating
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Why did you stop the oxybutinin? Did you not start a different anticholenergic? All anticholenergics can suppress a number of parasympathetic functions, including salivation, tear production, and even mucous production in the gut. Often constipation is a problem, both due to less peristalsis and less mucous.

Have you spoken to your physician about the excessive salivation? This is not normal, and there are a number of conditions that can cause it that should be more completely explored.

(KLD)
    I started taking Mirabegron, so I stopped taking Oxybutinin. I'm convinced the excessive salivation is due to dropping oxybutinin because as soon as I start taking it again the problem disappears within one or two days. I tried dropping and starting taking the drug again several times and the behavior is always the same.