Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myrtle Beach, SC and places around it.

Quote Originally Posted by russianboss View Post
    Handicapped Accessibility
    http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/handicapped.html

The City of Myrtle Beach is committed to accessibility for our residents and visitors with disabilities.
    That statement is a joke! My parents live in Pawleys Island, 20min south of myrtle. I went there to visit 2 years ago, there are NO wheelchair / ramp taxis, It took alot of phone calls to find a medical transfer company that had a lift van that would do an airport run. They dont do airport runs, but I called head of airport who put me with someone from the city gov't and made it happen. The fact that a heavy tourist area does not have 1 accessible cab is crazy! If you know better, or if it has changed in last 2 years please say so, it would be nice to know for next time I visit them

Quote Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
    That statement is a joke! My parents live in Pawleys Island, 20min south of myrtle. I went there to visit 2 years ago, there are NO wheelchair / ramp taxis, It took alot of phone calls to find a medical transfer company that had a lift van that would do an airport run. They dont do airport runs, but I called head of airport who put me with someone from the city gov't and made it happen. The fact that a heavy tourist area does not have 1 accessible cab is crazy! If you know better, or if it has changed in last 2 years please say so, it would be nice to know for next time I visit them
    Personally did not had to deal with this issue yet, but you right, accessible transportation service is a must.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

how is the boardwalk can you see ocean from it as yu roll threw im thinking of staying on the boardwalk for that reason and possibly more convienence asfar as needing to drive a lot love those pics
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I love myrtle beach. I got married on the beach there. I'll have to check out the garden next time we go.

Quote Originally Posted by royb View Post
    I love myrtle beach. I got married on the beach there. I'll have to check out the garden next time we go.

were do you stay when there
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

As far as driving it depends on what you are looking to do and how long you are there for. Boardwalk and the main attraction area will get crowded after dark, during the sunny day it might be way to hot to roll around. after few days on a boardwalk you might want to explore, most places are withing 30 min driving.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился