Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Almost a Fulbright scholar. Terrified about how to get care.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Who would be paying for the attendant care? Most people who private hire in the USA have no one else paying for their PCA care, so getting an invoice is not common, but you can certainly hire a book keeper to keep track of your PCAs hours (and any deductions for taxes, Social Security, etc.) that you would have as an employer.

(KLD)
    I would pay cash, but might be able to get a reinbursment by an NPO here in Argentina and for that I need an invoice.

So getting an Invoice would not be common?

No, although you could certainly prepare one that the privately paid caregiver could sign and submit. It just won't be from a company or corporation, but from a private individual. I don't submit an invoice to my employer for my work...I just get paid after submitting my time card. Do employees do this in Argentina??

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    No, although you could certainly prepare one that the privately paid caregiver could sign and submit. It just won't be from a company or corporation, but from a private individual. I don't submit an invoice to my employer for my work...I just get paid after submitting my time card. Do employees do this in Argentina??

(KLD)
    Well, in Argentina the invoice is the formal proof of a legal and tax-payer job done. I'm guessing this is what the NPO will ask me. In Argentina you don't need to incorporate or create a company to make an Invoice, as many indvidual contractors (such as nurses, private teachers, home aides) do. What would be the equivalent in the US?

Probably a time card or log of hours worked, signed by the employee and employer.

(KLD)

We need to invoice for reimbursement also here in the Netherlands. I made a fairly complex Excel timesheet/invoice that works very well. I have people fill in their hours on our PC and then at the end of the month after reviewing them I save a PDF copy for them for their records, and also submit it for care reimbursement. Because it has all of the information needed for their taxes and the care organisation, there has never been a problem that we manage this ourselves, rather than them submitting the invoices to us. The PCAs are happy with it because it takes about 2 seconds each time, and even more importantly, having a consistent system makes it so I can keep a good budget overview of everything and fill in all of the government forms that are needed. I would be happy to share it if there is interest, but would need to translate it from Dutch. It would probably also require some explanation based on how we do care contracts, because everything is based on an agreed hourly wage. If you let me know what you need to include to get reimbursement I can try to include that in it.

Quote Originally Posted by C5C6 View Post
    I would definitely be eager to hire privately. My only limitation is that I would need an invoice from them to get a reinbursement back at home. Based on your experience, should I expect non-agency caregivers to be able to provide invoices? Maybe this sounds silly but in my country is a normal practise.

Thanks!
    Last edited by elarson; 07-05-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).