Thread: no doctors

no doctors

I just moved to f;orida I am shocked I called 5 dr in my area was refused by all they said no room for new patients. after the first 2 I thought maybe because sci so I did not tell the others

still no I ask well what do u do I was told to drive to Tallahassee dr there.

what the hell last time I was in dr office was last yr but I do need every so often the test for warfin

Is Medicare your primary insurance ? More and more doctors are closing their practice to new patients with Medicare because of the uncertainty each year about payments. You can use this site to search for Medicare doctors but it doesn't guarantee that they accept new patients. You may have better luck searching for a Family Practice physician instead of an Internal Medicine Physician.Also, in general, if a physician is employed by a hospital owned practice and the hospital itself takes Medicare, the doctors have to do so as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post

yes it is but 3 of them we neve r got to the insurance part just said not taking new patients and I was going for famly dr not internal really not to syre what that is any way I was told by the first that's what I needed hell I am healthy

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post

the first 3 are ones that I called not taking new patients

Aca?

This is the first year I purchased a policy through the ACA and its the worse policy ever. At first it took a long time to get my medical supplies approved. Now their giving me a hard time approving anything even with a prescription. And now my colostomy supplies my new doctor which was picked by Humana for my PCP tells me he no longer rights prescriptions. They now writes referrals and he can only write them with one company out of s. Florida. And its been two weeks and i'm still waiting.

I always knew ACA was going to be a disaster. We can only hope it will be replaced.