Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primo Sentinel tires

Primo Sentinel tires

Has anyone here have any experience with the Primo Sentinel tires?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I see that they have a max PSI of 100 lbs, that is disappointing.

I finally purchased and installed these tires, I got them on yesterday afternoon. (Anyone new coming to this, Schwalbe changed the beloved Marathon Plus (MP) tire and it no longer is the same great tire, hence the desire for something else.)

First thing I want to mention is their size difference compared to the Schwalbe Marathon Plus, the side wall isn't quite as tall as the MP. This affects me in a number of ways; one I'll note is that with my chair now slightly lower in the back it makes my back angle a little different, which my body seems very touchy to, so I'll probably have to readjust my back.

As for how they roll, well, not as good as the (original) MP's that I just replaced, but better than the newer version. I was hoping for a little better performance.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the follow up.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Wait, when did they change the schwalbes???? I mean I've got two kinda different schwalbes on my chair right now, slightly different tread pattern and one has an annoying reflective white wall stripe, but otherwise they seem pretty much they same performance wise (though I haven't rolled over any broken glass recently)

I am not sure when they made the change, more than year, maybe two years ago. When I received my most recent chair, it came with the newer version of the MP's, the tread pattern is slightly different. I couldn't get my new chair to roll well, so I eventually threw on my old MP's from my previous chair and after that my new chair rolled like a dream. Others have reported this as well, also that they don't hold up well like they used to.

Blog Entries
    Yep. Same here. Went back to my 8 year old Marathons, after trying the new ones, and they are a much firmer ride at 145psi. Rubber is much harder and the anti-flat strip doesn't seem to be as soft either.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Okay, I hate being flakey, but, not being happy with the change to the Primo's, on a bit of a whim I put on my wheels from my old chair which has the 'new' MP's that came on my current chair earlier this year; they (now) roll great; they seriously feel like my old MP's. While this makes me very happy, I am at a loss why they roll now, especially knowing Oddity had the same results.

Blog Entries
    Mine new ones definitely don't roll like my old ones. They're noticeably easier to squish with my fingers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Okay, I hate being flakey, but, not being happy with the change to the Primo's, on a bit of a whim I put on my wheels from my old chair which has the 'new' MP's that came on my current chair earlier this year; they (now) roll great; they seriously feel like my old MP's. While this makes me very happy, I am at a loss why they roll now, especially knowing Oddity had the same results.
    Do you think they just feel better since you were on the Primo's prior to switching back, or that the tire just needs time to break in?