Thread: getting fit

getting fit

moved to florida small community love it been out everyday rolling but dang I roll about a 1/4 mile I am whipped

buying a hand cycle a rio in a couple of weeks but will it get better if I keep at it shees I am soooo out of shape

but I am loven my new house

handcycling will be better than straight out pushing. I have been handcycling for 23 years and I cycle at least 20 miles a day with an attachment and have gone 87 in a day by myself and way back when 100 in a day in a group(that 100 miles was on a Freedom Ryder). Not sure how far I could push myself but not even close to what I can handcycle. Keep at it I think you will see a difference with the attachment and building yourself up is a process. I have no experience with the rio but all the attachments have their pros and cons but I have a Freedom Ryder handcycle and an attachment and I use the attachment everyday...

thanks but I went to web page did not se anthing similiar

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    thanks but I went to web page did not se anthing similiar
    Not sure what web page you are talking about but if you are wondering about other attachments I think RIO is the only american made and probably the most affordable one you can get. Sunrise medical used to make one that I have used for the past 23 years until recently and now I have a Stricker handbike attachment that I purchased used but here is a link to the makers sitehttp://www.stricker-handbikes.de/en/products/manual-handbikes/ultra-series/sport-detailThey are sold in the US but a new one is $4295.00 Have not seen any used ones for sale in the US, I purchased mine off a classified ad site in Germanyhttp://handbike.de/wp/basar/

to expesive for me going with rio being nosey u a quad or para

para T7/8

Banned
    One of the best things I ever did for my shoulders and rotator cuffs was to eliminate unnecessary wheeling. I do not exercise by wheeling distances in my chair, rather I use a UBE for all of my cardio needs.

I bought the rio mobility bike yesterday its the manual my only concern is hooking it up with my quad hands excited