Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Safety of Lyrica for SCI recovery

I'm on Lyrica 100 mg. 3x a day without problems, but it does nothing for my pains. I'm kept on it because it may be preventing seizures (between April 2009 and October 2011, I had four seizures, cause unknown. None since.)
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I agree that Lyrica really does nothing for pain. I'm curious if those who suffer from fibromyalgia are getting any relief from using Lyrica. I have seen TV ads for Lyrica to be used for fibromyalgia and for diabetic nerve pain.

As for my shoulder blade pain, if I don't get any relief by the end of summer, I'll look into the medical marijuana. In attempts to try and prevent the muscles from cramping up and causing pain, I've increased my Baclofen dosage from 80 mg/day (20,20,40) to 100 mg/day (30,30,40). I've been at this level for 3 days so far and have yet to see any reduction in cramped muscle pain. I'll keep everyone posted.
    DaDutchman
    C5/C6 since 2007 due to car accident

Quote Originally Posted by DaDutchman View Post
    I agree that Lyrica really does nothing for pain. I'm curious if those who suffer from fibromyalgia are getting any relief from using Lyrica. I have seen TV ads for Lyrica to be used for fibromyalgia and for diabetic nerve pain.

As for my shoulder blade pain, if I don't get any relief by the end of summer, I'll look into the medical marijuana. In attempts to try and prevent the muscles from cramping up and causing pain, I've increased my Baclofen dosage from 80 mg/day (20,20,40) to 100 mg/day (30,30,40). I've been at this level for 3 days so far and have yet to see any reduction in cramped muscle pain. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Baclofen doesn't seem to really reduce my spasms, but if I try to cut the dose my spasms go through the roofso it must be doing something. However I think it's a horrible drug. And guys like you and I should definitely try the marijuanawhat's the worst that could happen

I don't have personal experience with this drug, but so many of those who took it said it was completely horrible, groggy existence. And going off this medication can be a big separate problem.