Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: avocado dips

avocado dips

After tooling around on the internet, I concocted this pathetically tasty avocado dip:

Mash one avocado, leaving some small chunks
    Remove seeds and pulp from large tomato, dice it and blend into avocado
    Blend in about 1 tablespoon sour cream
    Squeeze in few drops of fresh lime
    Serves 2 !

Great with veggies like celery sticks, or crackers, etc. One of the recipes on-line included salsa from a jar, no dicing tomatoes.
    I made this out of desperation as store bought avocado dips were kinda blah.

The only thing I would add is something spicy. A few drops of Tabasco or a few tablespoons of your favorite salsa would give you something a lot less bland.

Here is a dip I make that is not just avocado, but very popular when I serve it with either veggies or Fritos:
    1 jar Trader Joe's Spicy Black Bean dip
    1 small container Trader Joe's spicy fresh salsa
    1 cup shredded cheese (I use the TJ's Mexican Shredded cheese)
    1 large (or 2 small) avocados, lightly mashed
    Mix everything together at least 1 hour before serving (so flavors blend a bit). Cover and chill. Serve with veggies or corn chips.

(KLD)

The proxy server I have to use since my IP was "banned" messes up my post spacing.Basic Texas Guacamole: 3 ripe avocados mashed chunky with a fork. 1/2 white onion (finely diced ). 1 jalapeno pepper ( remove ribs and seeds ) dice finely. Use less if you don't like too much heat. A few drops of lime juice and a pinch of salt to taste. Serve with tortilla chips and ice cold Cerveza.

I can cook .. but one thing I cannot make is guacamole! I completely suck at it ... never right. I end up just buying it. lol #loohoohoohoozer
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

lynnifer - I can't think of anything easier to make in Canada than Guacamol eh .

My IP is still banned. The proxy I'm using doesn't allow emoticons or quotations.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I can cook .. but one thing I cannot make is guacamole! I completely suck at it ... never right. I end up just buying it. lol #loohoohoohoozer
    The Guacamole dip mix from WAL-MART is amazing. just mash the avacodos pour in envelope, dice a tomato.Shazaam yummy experiment with other addons .

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    The only thing I would add is something spicy. A few drops of Tabasco or a few tablespoons of your favorite salsa would give you something a lot less bland.

Here is a dip I make that is not just avocado, but very popular when I serve it with either veggies or Fritos:
    1 jar Trader Joe's Spicy Black Bean dip
    1 small container Trader Joe's spicy fresh salsa
    1 cup shredded cheese (I use the TJ's Mexican Shredded cheese)
    1 large (or 2 small) avocados, lightly mashed
    Mix everything together at least 1 hour before serving (so flavors blend a bit). Cover and chill. Serve with veggies or corn chips.

(KLD)
    Ok, this sounds delicious! I'll prepare it on my tonight friend's reunion

Texas USA, female ************** T9 incomplete
    My guacamole is the same as 2drwhofans Basic Texas Guacamole recipe (above) - "Basic Texas Guacamole: 3 ripe avocados mashed chunky with a fork. 1/2 white onion (finely diced ). 1 jalapeno pepper ( remove ribs and seeds ) dice finely. Use less if you don't like too much heat. A few drops of lime juice and a pinch of salt to taste. Serve with tortilla chips and ice cold Cerveza."

...except I add some hot red pepper sauce, finely diced garlic, chopped cilantro, and some chopped fresh tomato. To those who aren't familiar with 'cilantro',...it looks like parsley, but has a delightful flavor that you will never want to be without once you try it. I also put a LOT of lime juice or lemon juice. Oh, this is making me so hungry that I can hardly stand it, and I don't have any avocados right now. A dish of sour cream is good to have nearby.