Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Mom" TV Show from 4/14/16

No, ratings are driven by celebs people know and relate to. An unknown face is not going to drive viewership like a known one.

I'm not going to get in a pissin' contest with you. The industry is blatantly discriminatory; in front of the camera and behind. I know and have seen it done to others first hand. It's just the way it is. It always has been and always will be.

Your analogy is the same excuse used by other professions to bar those disabled but otherwise capable individuals from reaching their full potential; profit and image.

I like "Mom". It is funny. The character is just too close to my life, including the partying the person did after his injury; Period. Trustfully, after the initial shock of seeing the character,I've let it go and can watch it with no emotional ties associated to the past.

I agree, it is about ratings. Using an a/b actor,well known or not, also allows them to use lines that may be construed as uncomfortable,by the viewers, if said towards an actual disabled actor. It is good they are portraying the disabled for sure; perhaps it'll bring awareness to production to hiring those with challenges in future gigs.

not every hiring choice is a knock on a minority