Thread: Mom is in dire need of a chair lift for stairs..she is in stage 4 COPD-HELP

Unhappy Mom is in dire need of a chair lift for stairs..she is in stage 4 COPD-HELP

Please help me or advice to get my mom in stage 4 copd.. she is single and alone and we are taking her on to our home at sisters house.. but medicare wont pay for a chair lift for stairs .. she is all alone and any help advice or assistance in info would be appreciated.. are there any charitable organizations, or foundations out there that can donate a chair lift with install or non install or just even the equipment.. Please advise.. email me or post reply
    TIA daughter of Rhonda Jean

Any charities for this would be local. We don't even know where you or your mother live (country, province, state, etc.). You don't say why she must have a stair lift. Many people with disabilities have to live only on their first floor, even a hospital bed in the living room. If there is not bathroom, a bedside commode may have to be used. You might find a used chair lift on eBay, but it won't be free. Sorry.

(KLD)

Our local Lions Chapter has a wheelchair and other equipment for loan outs or give aways. They may have one. I know ours gets equipment like that all the time. Even the higher end power chairs that are like new.

if you have a local Elk lodge maybe give them a try, they helped me out with a powerchair when I was first injured.

What state is she from?
    check out Craigslist. They have lift for cheap.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

I found my lift on eBay. Luckily, the guy was 35 minutes away. He had it buy it now for $900. When we went to pick it up he was nice enough and gave us back $300.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"