Thread: Botox for anal fissure

Botox for anal fissure

After quite awhile dealing with an anal fissure I have decided to try the Botox injection. I was just wondering if someone with the experience can tell me how good or bad it is. I am C5 complete with a good every second day bowel program, a good sphincter muscle, and with no bowel movements or accidents in between whatsoever. I'm worried if the Botox could mess up my things. Thank you.
    Last edited by Silvio GS; 04-14-2016 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Font size

As long as it is done by an experienced physician (colorectal surgeon is ideal) you should not have problems. I have had one patient in the last few years, also C5, who had this done and his anal fissure healed up completely. This is currently considered state of the art treatment for this condition. If you are still uncertain, I would recommend getting a second opinion.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    As long as it is done by an experienced physician (colorectal surgeon is ideal) you should not have problems. I have had one patient in the last few years, also C5, who had this done and his anal fissure healed up completely. This is currently considered state of the art treatment for this condition. If you are still uncertain, I would recommend getting a second opinion.

(KLD)
    Thanks for your answer KLD. Were there any side effects?

No, my client had no ill-effects of the injection.

(KLD)