Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My IP address was banned??

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron View Post
    I've sent three messages to an admin within the last two weeks with no response.

What do I need to do?

I'm using TotalVPN for now.
    Who did you e-mail? Jim is the correct person. Steven Edwards and Wise Young are listed as administrators too, but they don't really have the time to deal with the day to day issues that Jim handles.

(KLD)

I don't know who it's going to. When I visit this site or try to log in I get "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here" Then I'm taken to another page to fill in my name, email & message.

Me too. I think that'll be the final nail in this coffin. Using proxy to access.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

It probably has no relationship to IP addresses being banned, but lately there has been a lot of spam that is getting through the filter. Lots threads begun by first time posters, using odd names, with just a link to who knows where, but the titles of the links suggest sporting event broadcasts. Careful...do not click on these.

All the best,
    GJ

My IP is banned too. For all that is done to keep this site up and running I have no problem using the anonymous proxy server.

The add on software to vBulletin, Spam-O-Matic, used to prevent spam is banning legitimate member IP addresses. Even though I disabled it, it won't shut off. The other day I found out this software is no longer supported by the creators. I can't uninstall it because Steven controls all of that. I have been unable to get in touch with him for a while. In the meantime, those with blocked IP's will have to log in with a proxy server- https://www.proxysite.com. There are many free proxy servers, if one doesn't work, google and try another.

Sorry for this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The add on software to vBulletin, Spam-O-Matic, used to prevent spam is banning legitimate member IP addresses. Even though I disabled it, it won't shut off. The other day I found out this software is no longer supported by the creators. I can't uninstall it because Steven controls all of that. I have been unable to get in touch with him for a while. In the meantime, those with blocked IP's will have to log in with a proxy server- https://www.proxysite.com. There are many free proxy servers, if one doesn't work, google and try another.

Sorry for this mess.
    There are several long timers whose IP addresses have been blocked, but many others haven't been blocked (including me, so far). If my IP address gets blocked, I am with "Domosoyo," I won't mind using the proxy. But, that said, it is sad that this once vibrant site is now experiencing yet another blow to the core. Very sad.

All the best,
    GJ

i get the same thing banned another member helped me get the proxy thing and it works hope it gets fixed
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

An FYI....
    I just logged in my normal way out of habit and found I got in. Doesn't look like I have to use the proxy server anymore.

I've got some friends on apparelyzed who are also saying they've been banned
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story