Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New cure

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Is there a website or something to see in-depth information
    http://www.project-rewalk.com/en/home
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 04-12-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Is there a website or something to see in-depth information
    Here is a link to all of his youtube videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=C...goire+Courtine

Long-term implantable devices

The e-Dura spinal cord implant.
    Credit: Laboratory for Soft Bioelectronic Interfaces, EPFLView full size image

St?phanie Lacour and Gr?goire Courtine, scientists at the ?cole Polytechnique F?d?rale de Lausanne's School of Engineering, announced in early 2015 that they had developed a new implant for treating spinal cord injuries. The small e-Dura device is implanted directly on the spinal cord underneath its protective membrane, called the dura mater. From there, it can deliver electrical and chemical stimulation during rehabilitation.
    The device's elasticity and biocompatibility reduce the possibility of inflammation or tissue damage, meaning it could stay implanted for a long time. Paralyzed rats implanted with the device were able to walk after several weeks of training, the researchers reported in the journal Science.
    Lu called e-Dura one of the best-functioning, long-term implantable flexible stimulators. "It shows the possibilities of using implantable, flexible devices for rehabilitation and treatment," she said.
    Meanwhile, technologies that replicate human touch are growing increasingly sophisticated. Stanford University chemical engineering professor Zhenan Bao has spent years developing artificial skin that can sense pressure and temperature and heal itself. Her team's latest version contains a sensor array that can distinguish between pressure differences like a firm or limp handshake.
    Lu said she and her colleagues in this highly multidisciplinary field hope to make all wafer-based electronics more epidermallike. "All those electronic components that used to be rigid and brittle now have a chance to become soft and stretchable," she said.

Dr. Silver shows on his video from Unite to Fight Paralysis in 2015 that his approach combination with Gregoire Courtine in Switzerland and another scientist Elizabeth Bradbury whom Dr. Silver says has the world's greatest chondroitinase, will all be combine to find out for the best possible outcome. They are all collaborating.

A do you think they will jump right into a clinical trial as a collaborative?

[QUOTE=JamesMcM;1796572]A do you think they will jump right into a clinical trial as a collaborative?[/QUOTE

That would be great but I try to follow Gregoire Courtine, but he has not said much publicly for awhile because I am very interested in his work especially Dr Silver saying he is collaborating with his lab. I think what might be possible is that Gregoire's lab starts the human trials and if they go well then they will include other two lab's works for the following patients.

https://www.facebook.com/ScienceNatu...0586075740319/ This was the video I saw. At the least the mouse walked, to get in clinical trials and all for people I'd guess it would be many years based on everything I've seen.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred