Thread: Having problems with Bowel care :TRY PROBIOTIC

Having problems with Bowel care :TRY PROBIOTIC

Hi guys,

I've had problems with my bowels for a long as I can remember. I go every other day to every 2 days and go through bouts of not going for more than that. I've tried everything and nothing worked. Until I tried probiotics. That was 3 months ago and so far I've been going everyday. I don;t know if this will owrk for you but definately worth a try. Good luck!

E

Glad this is working for you. Certainly worth a try for many.

(KLD)

I take miralax and I go everyday too.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

Did you notice a big change in the consistency of your stool when you use Probiotics? Would like to try but don't want to have accidents because it made me to soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaz View Post
    Did you notice a big change in the consistency of your stool when you use Probiotics? Would like to try but don't want to have accidents because it made me to soft.
    Look to your diet first if you want to firm up your stool. You can add things like black tea (v. coffee), dried banana chips, or cheese to help firm up stool. Many people find other foods that do this for them through experience. You can also use Fibercon (calcium polycarbophyl).

(KLD)

I take some form of probiotic daily and the only times that I have had accidents is shortly after my BP. I would rush to finish and not completely empty.

I was reading about a clinical trial may start soon in the UK. They think that certain strains of bacteria found in probiotics may be a treatment for urinary infections. I started taking different forms of probiotics 12 to 13 years ago to treat c diff and I've not had to be treated for a uti in those 12 years. Taking them may offer other benefits, not just for gut issues.
    Last edited by Brent K; 04-13-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Any one brand of probi favored over another?
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)