Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new revolutionary wheelchair handrim.. RibGrips

Quote Originally Posted by bhandel76 View Post
    @Grommet
    I responded to your questions yesterday with some pictures but it seems to be taking Moderators 24 hours to approve anything I post with pictures. Hopefully it will get reviewed shortly..
    Thank you, I am looking forward to them.

Interesting! Will these fit on oval rims as well as round ones?

@stephen212
    I see from Bike-On. I'm sending out a set of RibGrips today to John Squires @ Bike-On for testing.

You threw me off with the "Oval" rims? Please explain?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Interesting! Will these fit on oval rims as well as round ones?
    Stephen, the ribbed material is bonded to a round aluminum handrim, not a cover to be added on. Total circumference (uncompressed) is 4", diameter 1.25". Personally I favor this larger grip because it leaves no fingertips hanging over to be caught by a tab or spoke. Ribbed part is a FDA approved plastic silicone rubber, but the surface is not tacky like the rubber or vinyl dipped handrims that have been around for a while. I think it may be a similar material as my handgrips on forearm canes, which holds no dirt and causes almost no callus. I had already ordered Natural Fit (full oval) for my pending chair before I saw these, but am planning to order these for my used chair to replace TiLite plastic coated rim (vintage 2008) which is nicked and tearing up my hands. These sound much better than Q-grips, too. Weight per 24" rim is just under 32oz. I'm waiting for 25" to become available (planned).

i will do a full review below in a few weeks. first impression they are grippy. i currently use blax.
    https://www.facebook.com/quadelite?ref=hl
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

John, thank you for doing a review, I look forward to it. Wavewolf explained that these are not slip-on covers but pushrims to install. I did not realize that. That's a pretty big difference.

From what I have seen of them I can't see how the grips can slide through your hands for coasting and steering. They seem like they only grip and in that case would be good for someone with poor hand strength. I'm making assumptions of course, I will have to wait and see what you have to say.

@John,
    Please continue to email. We definitely want to hear your review. We do take critiquing serious if have any suggestions.
    We truly believe in our product and we can always improve as we move on, but I understand everyone has their favorites and what works for them

John - Did you get a chance to try the RibGrips?
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

i have been running them for a month. very good grip, no black hands. they dont burn when going down ramps either. the only thing i noted is they are big in the hand but the grip is worh that trade off.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer