Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBD oil for nerve pain?

Thanks man. Would love to try some different combos. Unfortunately, the necessary THC is just a political football in Missouri. Can't wait until they just legalize the stuff.
    Jason

C5/6 Complete - water skiing accident 1994.

I'm curious if all you folks have your urine tested if you are being treated with narcotics-and if so what is the policy if you test positive for THC or CBD's.

I have lower back pain, well below my C7 injury, that has not responded to 18 drugs and procedures. I'm constantly uncomfortable, but compared to the pain that many of you live with, I've got nothing to whine about.

A friend from Colorado brought me some CBD candies (looked like gummy bears) that were reportedly high in CBD and with only a trace of THC. I tried one two days ago and two yesterday, noticing no effect either day. With that sketchy description, did I waste the trial on a too-low dosage or does that indicate that CBD is likely not the relief I'm looking for?

I was contemplating trying CBD oil from CW. I've been on the fence for at least 6 months debating it. I had my medical card back in 2011/2012. I gave it a shot for a year. The mmj really threw my nerve pain over the edge. All the hypersensitive spots were unbearable smoking it. I found some relief from ingestion via medibles, capsules or tincture, but not enough relief for me to continue my experiment.

I tried kratom and that just wired me, even at a high dosage. I did notice slightly less pain. Pain medication also wires me (I'm odd, what can I say?)

If I were to experiment with CBD oil which seems like the better bet, vaping or ingestion? And do you have any recommendations for vaping? I know CW is supposed to have good quality for ingestible oil, is the oil the same for vaping and consumption?
    CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

the CBD oil doesn't have THC and from what I know is legal to all 50 states. I have a friend that is using the CBD oil for backpain and he told me that he's feeling better. I think the effects depends on each person at a time.

cbd has to have .3% or less of thc to be legal in the states. It is protected by the 2014 farmbill. I use the wax dabs and other products at night. Buylegalmeds.com has some great products and even offer 3 strains of cbd flower. They are an excellent company with great customer service and do a lot of 30-50% off sales.

Hemp-derived CBD has never worked for me.
    Cannabis-derived does help and 1:1 THC:CBD works very well.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

I don’t know anyone that purely hemp derived CBD has worked for. CBD oil from a high CBD - low THC strain of cannabis like ACDC or Harle-Tsu is more likely to be effective - you really do need the whole entourage effect for it to work.

I agree with Mize and annev308. I spent a good bit on CW hemp oil, and it did nothing for me (gave it a fair trial, too).
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Never felt much relief from just high CBD low THC marijuana but sometimes right before bed when I want to feel grounded and present I smoke some high CBD MJ(easy to grow) with a pinch of high THC MJ. Seems to mellow my pain and legs out for a while lets me sleep as long as other variables work out too.

MJ works for some not for others. Got paralyzed in 1983 and I stopped smoking MJ years ago but as my paralyzed body got older pain and spasms got pretty severe but I have a history with Opiates so tried different ways to manage the pain. Got some pills from a medical dispensary that were olive oil and a cooked down MJ combination of which I learned how to make and that worked. Was a good summer! Moved on to smoking and growing MJ since. The MJ I grow is decent quality wise but growing is such good therapy.

Not sure mixing CBD/THC MJ strains when smoking will help anyone but its sure nice we have a place to discuss such a sensitive issue.