Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBD oil for nerve pain?

cbd oil

Has CBD oil helped anyone. Just prescribed by pain doctor as last resort. Please tell me it helps. No thc just 20 percent cbd. $120.00 Canadian for 60 ml. Thanks for any help.

I will be trying the medical version of cannibiod oil soon. My pain doctor said it should help and my daughters in agriculture and nursing both have learned about it

There is a lot of confusion between medical and legal or not legal pot. The medical stuff contains very little thc which gets you high and a lot of cbd.
    The cbd is what helps with several ailements and pain is when of them. Also my help spasms, sleep etc.
    Lots to learn hopefully.

New guinea pig I guess?

So.... I recently purchased 2 types of CBD oil (now that it is legal in all 50 states) in hopes of it helping with my back pain or nerve pain. After my first dose, I didn't really feel anything. After taking it for about 2 weeks, it started to relieve my back pain a lil bit but no help with the Nerve Pain. It does however calm my spasms and if I take a high dose before bedtime it helps me sleep much better. It's a shame that it is so expensive. I wish that I could smoke medical grade mj. My life is like a night and day difference. I take less pain meds, I am happier about life, my over all quality of life is much better. Sadly, I don't live in a MM or Legal state yet, so I can't risk having my pain meds taken away, but that will change within a year. In June the senate is voting to reclassify M. as a schedule 2 drug. I doubt it will happen, but we shall see. It is Crazyness that half of our states have M.M. laws, 5 have outright legalized it, yet it's still a S. 1 ... meaning it has no medical benefits. SAD.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

The CBD oil that's legal must be derived from industrial hemp. I'm skeptical that it's as useful as the oil derived from high CBD strains of cannabis. Even if it's as good your correct that it's insanely expensive if you look at the doses people recommend in MM states (50-100 mg, 3x/day).

I found it helpful. However, there needs to be some THC to activate the entourage effect.
    https://www.projectcbd.org/terpenes-...tourage-effect

Blog Entries
    I tried it and all it did for me was make me nauseous. I found no pain relief, no help with seizures, nothing. However, I did a trial run with MMJ and I was happily surprised. Not only did it help with pain, nausea, seizures, migraines and spasms, but also, I did not need as much, if any, of many other meds. I was on the verge of officially lowering my pills when my caregivers were shut down and the local dispensaries aren't up and running yet. So, I stopped. My symptoms returned and I went downhill, unfortunately.
    It is nice to know there IS a drug that can help, it's just expensive and not accessible at the moment. I found I need a heavy Indica to get relief; it doesn't knock me out. I vaped and I never felt high, just more focused with less pain. It didn't eliminate it, but it certainly increased my quality of life. The oil does work for some, though. May be worth a try. Good luck!

Sending an update. I built up to 250mg/day of CBD oil from CW Botanicals ( charlottes web). I was spending $300/month and it had no positive effect on my pain. This is just anecdotal feedback. So, please don't put too much faith in it.
    Jason

C5/6 Complete - water skiing accident 1994.

CBD is really a neuroprotective and anticonvulsant. Need a bit of THC to stop spaz and pain. In some places can get a sublingual tincture that has equal parts of CBD and THC and various others. As only a small bit is needed should not get you stoned. In Australia available (as Sativex) for MS in some states, but not for SCI ;(