Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CBD oil for nerve pain?

CBD oil for nerve pain?

Medical marijuana isn't legal where I live. Has anyone gained any pain relief from CBD oil? I don't know enough to ask intelligent questions. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Jason

C5/6 Complete - water skiing accident 1994.

CBD in general didn't give me pain relief (everyone's different) but I've found edibles that are mostly THC (with less CBD) helps me the most. Not for pain relief exactly but a harmless, familiar buzz I get that helps me cope with the pain. I like the capsules the best. Take a bunch before bed to sleep longer. Still use opioids but feel better with cannabis in my system.

Thanks for the feedback dragon fly. Sorry to hear that it didn't help you. I've been trying some stuff that a friend gets me. I get the same results. Not much pain relief. But, with the choice being pain with or without a buzz, the buzz is often the better choice :-)
    Jason

Where I live one can purchase CBD oil in a vapor shop. This is CBD is derived from industrial hemp so that it is legal where I live (0% THC). In the amounts I've tried it does nothing for my nerve pain. When I read various sources about using CBD for nerve pain, however, I see doses of 50-100 mg, up to 3x per day. That would be 1.5-2 vials of this oil per day which would likely be hard on my gut and prohibitively expensive since each vial is like $30.

:-(

deleted entry - found out the product I was looking into and referenced didn't contain CBD Oil.
    Last edited by jeft; 04-08-2016 at 12:20 AM.
    Jason

Well you can't beat the price of those capsules so even if the experiment bombs, you're not heavily invested. Let us know how it turns out, please.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon fly View Post
    Well you can't beat the price of those capsules so even if the experiment bombs, you're not heavily invested. Let us know how it turns out, please.
    unfortunately, I just read that the stuff I referenced doesn't contain the CBD Oil. I already placed the order. So, I'll try it. Will let you know if it helps at all.
    Jason

I have used a topical THC free lotion (basically CBD from hemp blended with regular lotion) and it relieved nerve pain and normalized sensation (I regained temperature for the duration of its effectiveness). It's a little weird, because it works from the outside, where applied, to the inside. Also, it's not very long acting - 4-6 hours - but worked well enough to be worth it.

I can't sleep well or function well without a few puffs on the vape before bed. I am lucky how well it works for me.The only prescription I have now is for testosterone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Where I live one can purchase CBD oil in a vapor shop. This is CBD is derived from industrial hemp so that it is legal where I live (0% THC). In the amounts I've tried it does nothing for my nerve pain. When I read various sources about using CBD for nerve pain, however, I see doses of 50-100 mg, up to 3x per day. That would be 1.5-2 vials of this oil per day which would likely be hard on my gut and prohibitively expensive since each vial is like $30.

:-(
    Thanks for the feedback all!

Mize,

From what I've read, 2.5mg-20mg/day might help. However, it takes a while to build up in the fat cells. I'm going to try ramping up on "Charlottes Web" from cwbotanicals.com for 3-6 months. It will likely be one of the many disappointments. Worth a shot though. I'll report back.
    Jason