Thread: Article: Spinal cord regeneration might be helped by glial scar tissue

Article: Spinal cord regeneration might be helped by glial scar tissue

Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

GRAMMY responded it to this article in a different earlier thread. This is what she said

This lab news is interesting but the article is a bit confusing. For starters, I don't know how many researchers have ever believed that scar disintegration would miraculously cause spontaneous regeneration. (I'm sure they all know better than that). If it were the case, all SCI animal models would be have had 100% recovery with a Ch'ase injection. We'll see how future experiments play out in rats and other mammals since this study was done in mouse. The article seems to ignore and gloss over all the other problems that must be overcome to actually produce a meaningful therapy. Infusing a bunch of potent growth factors is one thing, but then creating additional new lesions next to the old ones doesn't seem like such a great idea as a therapy and especially if you're a chronic. They have a ways to go...

Speaking only for my dumb self. I still say the body does everything for a reason. An is so much more complex and far beyond what scientist no about it it's not even funny. Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Speaking only for my dumb self. I still say the body does everything for a reason. An is so much more complex and far beyond what scientist no about it it's not even funny. Jmo
    Yes, I've thought about that, maybe if there were indeed Spinal Cord Regeneration it might kill us.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Dr. Silver mentioned it in one of his speeches that nerves might be cut off because of the nature does not want a chaos. The nerves below the lesion are still there and they can bring them to life by epidural simulation surgically or non-invasive from outside. These technologies are in their infancy just like first cell phones were the size of a suit case. Hope all the improvement comes very fast.