Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ease Cushion / ROHO w/SmartCheck /Aquila SoftTech

Quote Originally Posted by paraparaumper View Post
    Be careful with Aquila. I will post this anywhere I get the opportunity. The owner is an asshole, only cares about money, and their policy traps you. I'm currently in the process of taking the company to court.
    I would strongly caution you about posting anything on a public forum like related to a legal case you are involved in. I am sure your attorney would advise the same. No doubt the opposing side will find what you wrote, and could use it to strengthen your case or even bring a countersuit against you for libel. Beware.

(KLD)

Being laid up four three months now, searching the Internet I cannot find but one person who has had any luck with this cushion! Getting mapped in a few weeks so hopefully something will come of that probably roho with smart check.
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I would strongly caution you about posting anything on a public forum like related to a legal case you are involved in. I am sure your attorney would advise the same. No doubt the opposing side will find what you wrote, and could use it to strengthen your case or even bring a countersuit against you for libel. Beware.

(KLD)
    But nothing I said was incorrect. He lied to me, saying he's never experienced this problem with a cushion. He's said that to others as well. And he was an asshole, hung up on me and had zero empathy towards my situation, only saying that I knew there was a restocking fee when I signed the order form.

Going to countersue me over libel for calling him an asshole? Come on, that's opinion anyways. Only false statements that purport to be statements of fact can constitute libel
    or slander.

Here's some wonderful images from my second pressure mapping session on an Xsensor:

Full time off-loading? Necessary pressure reliefs? Ya, right....
    Last edited by paraparajumper; 05-02-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Ask your lawyer if you should be posting anything about your case on the internet. I am sure they will advise you otherwise.

(KLD)

Will do. Like I said and have said in other posts, the Aquila cushion likely works for many people, especially if they maintained muscle mass on their butts. But for people like myself who are skin and bones, you can shift pressure around massively prominent ITs all day long, but when that area is exerting most of the pressure, it's not going to change anything. After dealing with other pressure sores, I was at a point of desperation, and in that state, spent a lot of money on a product that ended up doing the exact OPPOSITE of what it was marketed to do. Coupling that with dishonesty and a return policy that forces you to fork over a substantial amount of money even if the cushion was the issue is where I had the problem.

Here's an image from a session with the Xsensor. I have plenty of others. Full time off-loading under ITs and necessary pressure shifts? Right.....

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Ask your lawyer if you should be posting anything about your case on the internet. I am sure they will advise you otherwise.

(KLD)
    Thank you for your concern.

Get a Ride Design Custom with the soft top option. That's about as custom as you can get and your ischials will truly be floating.
    I tried the Ride Design but I found it too dangerous for me to use. It was absolutely wonderful when I could sit on it correctly, like you said floating. Unfortunately, my PAs were not competent enough to transfer me correctly onto the cushion each time. The cushion is unforgiving, sit on it wrong and you can do serious damage. I spent weeks in bed healing stage 2 pressure wounds. It was really frustrating. I found it to be both, the most comfortable and the most uncomfortable, actually painful, cushion I ever sat upon.

What is the new soft top made out of and how does it work?

Be careful with Aquila...
    Just curious, how long ago and what model Aquila did you purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I mistakenly did not have instant notifications set. The vac has healed me beyond my belief! I have goggled wheelchair Cushions until my eyes bleed and after all the conflicting comments I am so confused and can not put out $4300 for a cushion that the company can not provide a representative to properly evaluate my needs. You would think they would have representatives to sell it.
    Thanks and good luck
    Have you had your posture evaluated? I had it done as part of my seating eval. It confirmed by suspicion the majority of my pressure is the result of sitting crooked. Adding three lateral supports, left pelvis, lower right rib cage, upper left rib cage, to my chair has made a huge difference.

I have not finished evaluating my Aquila. As soon as I heal I plan to have the cushion pressure mapped. I want to fine tune it. There are so many variables when it comes to adjusting the settings that a mapping should give me the feedback to find the optimal set up. For anyone not familiar with the cushion's design there are two banks of alternating air cells A and B. On my cushion they are supporting the right and left buttocks respectively. They are composed of air cells and can be adjusted for firmness and cycle time. The cells are tailored for the individuals needs. In my case, after 40 plus years in a wheelchair I am developing curvature in my spine. It twists my pelvis causing excessive downward pressure on my right ischial. The area is easily damaged. This is the fourth time I have had a pressure wound at this location (almost healed!). To prevent pressure the cushion was built void of an air cell at this location. Of course, for this to work successfully the pressure and cycling settings must be correct.

When my cushion arrived the settings on the controller were completely wrong. After shelling out nearly $5000 I assumed they were already preset and tailored for my needs. I tested it for an hour but was disheartened when it resulted in a red butt. I contacted the company. The owner was the most knowledgeable and helpful. I recommend asking for him to start with. For me, it turns out that the pressure in the air cells has to be high enough for support and to keep the skin pressure free, additionally the cycle time has to be long enough for the circulation to recover. With the correct settings, pressure 4 and alternating cycles every 1.5 minutes, my skin was healthy after a full day.
    Last edited by QuadmanJr; 05-03-2016 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadmanJr View Post
    Have you had your posture evaluated? I had it done as part of my seating eval. It confirmed by suspicion the majority of my pressure is the result of sitting crooked. Adding three lateral supports, left pelvis, lower right rib cage, upper left rib cage, to my chair has made a huge difference.

I have not finished evaluating my Aquila. As soon as I heal I plan to have the cushion pressure mapped. I want to fine tune it. There are so many variables when it comes to adjusting the settings that a mapping should give me the feedback to find the optimal set up. For anyone not familiar with the cushion's design there are two banks of alternating air cells A and B. On my cushion they are supporting the right and left buttocks respectively. They are composed of air cells and can be adjusted for firmness and cycle time. The cells are tailored for the individuals needs. In my case, after 40 plus years in a wheelchair I am developing curvature in my spine. It twists my pelvis causing excessive downward pressure on my right ischial. The area is easily damaged. This is the fourth time I have had a pressure wound at this location (almost healed!). To prevent pressure the cushion was built void of an air cell at this location. Of course, for this to work successfully the pressure and cycling settings must be correct.

When my cushion arrived the settings on the controller were completely wrong. After shelling out nearly $5000 I assumed they were already preset and tailored for my needs. I tested it for an hour but was disheartened when it resulted in a red butt. I contacted the company. The owner was the most knowledgeable and helpful. I recommend asking for him to start with. For me, it turns out that the pressure in the air cells has to be high enough for support and to keep the skin pressure free, additionally the cycle time has to be long enough for the circulation to recover. With the correct settings, pressure 4 and alternating cycles every 1.5 minutes, my skin was healthy after a full day.
    I have not lately, as soon as I am able I have found a company that will give pressure mapping and recommend the correct solution for me!
    "Yesterday's History,Tomorrow's a Mystery"