Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Failed urine test. Now what?

What risks? Death? Jail?

I think you confused me with the original poster. I have no clue what "risks" you are referring to. I also have no idea of what you mean by "fallout". Before I got hurt I didn't drink hardly at all much less take a pill or smoke weed. I am in so much pain and life is so awful now I will take or do anything for even a temporary respite from the misery. Do you think SCI brought out the true addict in me and exemplifies my weak character?

You speak in jibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Knowing the risks, but still deciding to use, then soliciting advice (from a community that deals with the fallout of people acting like you) on how to best avoid or minimize the consequences, was the jackass move. Do what you like, to be sure, but this kind of fallout is just part of the natural consequences. Take it and move on. (Someone once told me if an addict is happy with what you're telling them, then you're probably enabling them. True 'dat.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dlevy View Post
    What risks? Death? Jail?

I think you confused me with the original poster. I have no clue what "risks" you are referring to. I also have no idea of what you mean by "fallout". Before I got hurt I didn't drink hardly at all much less take a pill or smoke weed. I am in so much pain and life is so awful now I will take or do anything for even a temporary respite from the misery. Do you think SCI brought out the true addict in me and exemplifies my weak character?

You speak in jibberish.
    Considering the OP has been seeing the same pain management doctor for 8 years and never had a positive drug test before makes me think these folks hollering junkie/addict need to back up and rethink. Perhaps some people should consider consulting a dictionary for a definition before throwing words around that don't make sense?

Just for general knowledge not you specifically Dlevy:

For the record, if you take an opioid, you have an opioid use disorder because opiates are no longer considered appropriate treatment for pain because of the risks of overdose. There are no more abuse diagnoses in DSM-5. Unfortunately, opiates have to be increased with time and tolerance develops. SAMHSA set the stage for everyone who needs an opiate for chronic pain to have opiate use disorders.

Do you consider yourself Palliative? As in Palliative Care? Read the new guidelines carefully.

Opiate use disorder is now a Mental Health diagnosis. So think about what that might mean if a person needs a background check for purchase of a gun or a job or anything else you consider private. In order to conceal/carry, you might have to check a box you may otherwise not want to check because of chronic pain.

Mental Health stigmatization just got a little broader because you have a spinal cord injury. So lecturing the OP is pointless at this point IMHO.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Just to wrap things up, it turns out that being honest with my doc was the best route... no surprises there. Long story short is that I have not been dropped and continue to be treated with the same meds as before. For this I am quite thankful and consider myself extremely fortunate. I could have really effed things up for good. I'm not going to re-open this ridiculous can of worms by going into too much detail regarding the conversations that took place behind closed doors, but if you feel the exact details would benefit you in some way, feel free to PM.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Good news!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12